LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Go Pro Hero HD camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:00 pm

If you have seen this camera in SG or know where to purchase one, pls let me know.

Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:56 pm

watched the demo and wonder if the video has been edited or not..
the resolution quality of this cam is very clear.. better than those bicycle helmet cam..

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
GL

avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Why not get directly from their website since they got international shipping. If don't want also can get vpost to help shipped over as well.
Back to top Go down
GL

avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:13 pm

See the pic put as chepo sounds like cheapo wor. Lol
But the reviews etc seems to be a solid camera. Poison sia!
Back to top Go down
darkdays

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:34 pm

ztcc78 wrote:
watched the demo and wonder if the video has been edited or not..
the resolution quality of this cam is very clear.. better than those bicycle helmet cam..

most prolly,wat u see is not edited koz as far as i know, most of the bike vids noawadays,are shot on it. Quality camera!
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:20 am

@ GL, I want to have a physically feel on the camera and how it operates..remote control etc. Also if the price is competitive. If it is just a bit more, i prefer get locally. If there is any fault, easier get support and repair.

@ DD and ztcc. There are a few HD video shot and edited. Quality is impressive. I check out the cam when it was launched, the SD quality not that good, but with HD, its worth investing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58 am

thanks for all the info..
if price is good.. i wont mind to own 1

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
grayman

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

hey guys,

perhaps u can try purchasing from here?

http://outdoorandtravel.com.sg/gopro/cat_2.html

I had the earlier non-HD GoPro and was quite happy with the video quality.
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Grayman

Thanks. Did you purchase from oudoor&travel too?

Like to find out 2 things
1.Hows the sound quality
2.How long can a fully charged battery last?
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
mdaan

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 pm

hi guys,

i got the GoPro HD Motorports Wide. just bought the handlebar mount and tested last sunday at East Coast.

there's 2 type of case. waterproof and non-waterproof.
the waterproof one should cut-off most wind noise. though i have both cases, i only used the waterproof case for last sunday.

on full-charged batt, i still have 1/2 power after 1hr leisure cycle covering 16km, based on last sunday's ride. i always carry spare batt and sd card.

btw, i got mine from Talk & Play at Vivocity, 2nd storey.

Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi mdaan

Thanks for sharing. Able to share the cost? Its stated USD$299 on their website.
Are the HD clips as good as what we see online?
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
twwoon
Ride Organizer
avatar

Posts : 731
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 pm

omegaforest wrote:
If you have seen this camera in SG or know where to purchase one, pls let me know.

One of my friend thomas the stunt MTB extrodinare has it... we tried the water proof properties on one ride.. u can see the result here

http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2010/09/gopro-hd-video-camera-water-testing.html Very Happy ..confirm is water proof...

Thomas had the helmet mount which is cool but he keeps asking me if the camera is on.. there is a button on the camera and red LED.. The only problem is that u can really tell if the camera is on ur head.

_________________
Taiwoon
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
mdaan

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 pm

hi Matt,

yes its the USD299 HD Motorsports Hero.. i got mine for last year for abt SGD540, if i remember correctly. calculated with shipping, its abt the same as ordering online directly.

there's a few video quality settings to choose from. i've used the mid-range HD quality as its more than enough for normal TV viewing and youtube. also, saves me memory space. true HD recording used more memory Smile yup, the quality is really that good, as seen on their website.


i've used it as my in-car video recorder and also used it while flying down Sentosa's Megazip.
hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 pm

twwoon wrote:
omegaforest wrote:
If you have seen this camera in SG or know where to purchase one, pls let me know.

One of my friend thomas the stunt MTB extrodinare has it... we tried the water proof properties on one ride.. u can see the result here

http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2010/09/gopro-hd-video-camera-water-testing.html :D ..confirm is water proof...

Thomas had the helmet mount which is cool but he keeps asking me if the camera is on.. there is a button on the camera and red LED.. The only problem is that u can really tell if the camera is on ur head.

HAHAH TW, not a lot of people has underwater footages of them in their entire life! Can see that when the camera get out of water, the visual is very clear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 pm

[quote="mdaan"]hi Matt,

yes its the USD299 HD Motorsports Hero.. i got mine for last year for abt SGD540, if i remember correctly. calculated with shipping, its abt the same as ordering online directly.

there's a few video quality settings to choose from. i've used the mid-range HD quality as its more than enough for normal TV viewing and youtube. also, saves me memory space. true HD recording used more memory :) yup, the quality is really that good, as seen on their website.


i've used it as my in-car video recorder and also used it while flying down Sentosa's Megazip.
hope this helps.[/quote

Hi mdaan
Yes, you are of great help and its good to hear from the user. Come join our ride if you have not, bring along the camera and help us capture some footages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
mdaan

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:29 pm

haha.. yes, i would love to join u guys after seeing the ride archives. just got my small-wheel bike last Dec 31st, so im still getting used to it.

have not cycled for the last 12 yrs or so.... a bit rusty lah. definitely will join u guys soon.. and yes, i'll bring the GoPro.
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm

mdaan wrote:
haha.. yes, i would love to join u guys after seeing the ride archives. just got my small-wheel bike last Dec 31st, so im still getting used to it.

have not cycled for the last 12 yrs or so.... a bit rusty lah. definitely will join u guys soon.. and yes, i'll bring the GoPro.

Thanks, our Sunday rides are slowww...one and we have master sweeper. Rest assured we will wait for everyone. BTW, next ride is next Sunday. hope to see you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
Prodik
Cool Dad
avatar

Posts : 551
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Taman Jurong - Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm

omegaforest wrote:
mdaan wrote:
haha.. yes, i would love to join u guys after seeing the ride archives. just got my small-wheel bike last Dec 31st, so im still getting used to it.

have not cycled for the last 12 yrs or so.... a bit rusty lah. definitely will join u guys soon.. and yes, i'll bring the GoPro.

Thanks, our Sunday rides are slowww...one and we have master sweeper. Rest assured we will wait for everyone. BTW, next ride is next Sunday. hope to see you.

Ya... its slow and easy. Even my 9 yrs old boy also no problem!

BTW, coming ride is this Sunday
Back to top Go down
mdaan

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 pm

this sunday, The City Ride ? might as well i meet u guys and make new friends Smile

ok, i go signup on the other thread.
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
avatar

Posts : 551
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Taman Jurong - Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 pm

mdaan wrote:
this sunday, The City Ride ? might as well i meet u guys and make new friends Smile

ok, i go signup on the other thread.

Yes, this coming Sunday's ride.
Back to top Go down
grayman

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 am

the camera is really as good as they say it is.. And I agree with the reviews here too.. The HD versions now come with a rechargeable battery pack which helps in the battery life unlike the AAA batts in the earlier versions..
However, I do have a gripe about the camera.. U wun be able to review the footage immediately unless u bring a portable player along on the rides or any other activities. (GoPro is launching an additional LCD screen accessory to be used with the camera tho.. Should be available as we speak).
The wide angle helps, but still precise positioning of the camera is required in order to get the best angles.. resulting in many NG shots and have to repeat the activity again to try to get the footage again.. Perhaps, i am just an inexperienced videographer.. Smile
Back to top Go down
GL

avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 am

twwoon wrote:
omegaforest wrote:
If you have seen this camera in SG or know where to purchase one, pls let me know.

One of my friend thomas the stunt MTB extrodinare has it... we tried the water proof properties on one ride.. u can see the result here

http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2010/09/gopro-hd-video-camera-water-testing.html Very Happy ..confirm is water proof...

Thomas had the helmet mount which is cool but he keeps asking me if the camera is on.. there is a button on the camera and red LED.. The only problem is that u can really tell if the camera is on ur head.
So that is that camera!!!Now then I know
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 pm

grayman wrote:
the camera is really as good as they say it is.. And I agree with the reviews here too.. The HD versions now come with a rechargeable battery pack which helps in the battery life unlike the AAA batts in the earlier versions..
However, I do have a gripe about the camera.. U wun be able to review the footage immediately unless u bring a portable player along on the rides or any other activities. (GoPro is launching an additional LCD screen accessory to be used with the camera tho.. Should be available as we speak).
The wide angle helps, but still precise positioning of the camera is required in order to get the best angles.. resulting in many NG shots and have to repeat the activity again to try to get the footage again.. Perhaps, i am just an inexperienced videographer.. :)

Hi grayman..seems that we need to get "more" accessories to compliment the camera. LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
omegaforest

avatar

Posts : 333
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : West, Alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi mdaan

Thanks for popping by and explaining the camera function. Will you be uploading the clips?
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
mdaan

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : Sengkang

PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 am

hi Matt,

nice meeting u and the guys & gals yesterday. pity i couldn't stay longer to visit Life Cycle, got another appt at 3pm.

yes, i will upload the video once i finished editing. apologies if its going to takes a little longer as im new to video editing...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Go Pro Hero HD camera   

Back to top Go down
 
Go Pro Hero HD camera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: Non-bike related :: Chit-Chat Corner-
Jump to: