LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users

Go down 
+4
jasbay
ztcc78
Prodik
adrianelee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
adrianelee

Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users Empty
PostSubject: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_640546.html

It all started with a letter from a doctor calling for a ban on recreational cycling on roads.
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:11 am

Some of the suggestions is so funny... either they can't cycle, or they simply hate cycling!
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 am

or maybe they are friends of Ricardo Neis?? haha

News Update
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
jasbay

jasbay

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:15 pm

More mutual respect and the world will be a better place. In the brazil case, the cycling group took their ideals and force it down the throats of motorists. Waving the banner of clean energy, they hog all lanes and cycle slowly. Leading to the tragedy.
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 am

yesterday night I was riding alone slowly around my neighbourhood, minding my own business. I heard the engine roar of the SBS bus and did my best to keep just out of the Double yellow line. Readied myself in case the Bus driver did something funny. You know what... he did.. !! inched nearer and near me... so that I had to go inside the double yellow line. The road was totally empty then.... I was not in a "combative" ...so just stopped and let our good friend pass. must be the cooling weather Smile I had plenty of light like a xmas tree... but I just dont want to take chances.

Morale of the story? Right or wrong...the cyclist will always lose. Practise defensive riding... stay alive...and maybe invest in a bike "hero" Cam to capture this kind of infraction..hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 am

Not all, and its already commented (even by S'porean drivers) - Here we have the most impolite and impatient drivers..

IMO, this is true.

Here we horn to tell tell others "WTH, WTF.... Get out of my lane". In order places. horn is to warn other road users.

Here, we will only accelerate more instead of giving way "Why should I let you be ahead of me!"...

Here, instead of giving way to pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist and other smaller vehicles... drivers will push them to a near collision "I paid road tax, I have the rights..."

Typical S'porean....

There's more...
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 am

Perhaps all the driving folks should be put through a cycling test before getting their driving test! And vice-versa too! Then hope for better mutual understanding Razz
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:01 pm

boo wrote:
Perhaps all the driving folks should be put through a cycling test before getting their driving test! And vice-versa too! Then hope for better mutual understanding Razz
welcome back ah boo.. cheers
some people just cant be bother..
juz look at the way they drive before and after they get their license and u knw what i mean
eg. dun wana signal.. wana give way.. some dun even wana switch on headlight at nite.. etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:23 pm

ztcc78 wrote:

welcome back ah boo.. cheers
some people just cant be bother..
juz look at the way they drive before and after they get their license and u knw what i mean
eg. dun wana signal.. wana give way.. some dun even wana switch on headlight at nite.. etc

thanks zack!
yeah i totally know what you mean. I come back already kena HONKED at just because I am a cyclist. We just gotta ride carefully.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Prodik wrote:
Here, instead of giving way to pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist and other smaller vehicles... drivers will push them to a near collision "I paid road tax, I have the rights..."

i've a question though... i know there's road tax and what not, but isn't road tax just a minor part of the budget for the roads and highways? afaik, in other countries, the main reason there's road tax is that cars/buses/other large vehicles cause the biggest destruction to the streets. that's partly why they're required to pay more (hello road tax!) than the average citizen who already contributes to the road tax budget from their income tax.
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
darkdays

darkdays

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:35 pm

honestly i believe it's a 2 way thingy. I, myself have encountered being honked at and forced to the curbside by irresponsible drivers. That being said, some cyclists do give us a bad name.
Do correct me wrong but I think it's stated somewhere in the traffic law that we should keep a single file but everynow and then i see certain cyclists cycling in 2 and even 3 rows. Then there's some who beat traffic lights, not enough lighting for a nite ride and even going against traffic.
So honestly, I think it's an endless debate.
What we need is to re-educate both side. Cyclists to learn more abt traffic rules and motorists to accept us being part of the traffic.We may have the infrastructure but if we don't have the respect then it's pretty much useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users   Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something all should read... Coexistence between cyclists and other road users
Page 1 of 1