LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.

Go down 
+3
teobt
tylsteve
bananamatronix
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. Empty
PostSubject: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:25 am

Hi guys, does anyone know where to buy replacement of lost rear nut for Sturmey Archer 3spd IGH locally? In the picture, it's the orange thing on the right. According to Sheldon Brown, it's part number HMN128. Not sure if hardware stores have it, and the last option would be to buy it overseas from SJS.

replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. Rear_n10
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

hmm it looks just like a normal axle nut. bring the nut on the other side and go to a hardware store to look for the same one. make sure it is the same size and the same thread pitch.
Back to top Go down
teobt

teobt

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:41 pm

Check with 'Diginexx' , Steven might have the parts.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:51 pm

steve -- that's what my friend did, he took it around to different hardware shops but to no avail. i can't do the same here though since i don't have the nut with me. Smile

mr teo -- yeah, i asked and steven said he had to order overseas and it'll take 3-4 months. too long!
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Simon from Lifecycle.. try ur luck there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 pm

bananamatronix wrote:
steve -- that's what my friend did, he took it around to different hardware shops but to no avail. i can't do the same here though since i don't have the nut with me. Smile

Wow i came across this link. http://harriscyclery.net/product/sturmey-archer-axle-nut-left-plain-858.htm

Seems that its a really special nut haha.
Back to top Go down
vintagebiker

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I bought one from Song Seng Chan bikeshop at Joo Chiat Road. They do stock this sturmey hub nuts. It cost a few dollars. Just tell them sturmey 3 speed hub nut and voila, they'll get it for you on the spot without looking at any sample.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 pm

vintagebiker wrote:
I bought one from Song Seng Chan bikeshop at Joo Chiat Road. They do stock this sturmey hub nuts. It cost a few dollars. Just tell them sturmey 3 speed hub nut and voila, they'll get it for you on the spot without looking at any sample.

oh wow! OH WOW! thank you so much!!!
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 am

Hello Vintage

Lovely! I will go check them out too..
vintagebiker wrote:
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
MamaCat

MamaCat

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

That's the wonder of a forum!! Many a time, better than yellow pages or google Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.   replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replacing lost rear axle nut of Sturmey Archer igh.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Bike talk-
Jump to: