LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park

Go down 
+17
CheapBike
crumpets
Wklau
biohazardboy
bananamatronix
badrul83
ztcc78
darkdays
frenzzsg
francis
Prodik
boonchun
Vince
LovingMyBike
GL
twwoon
tylsteve
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tylsteve

8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park Empty
PostSubject: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi all,

Let's do a nice cozy ride along the Bukit Gombak/Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN. Along the way we can check out some nice scenery at Little Guilin and also some "fun" slopes along the Pang Sua PCN at Bukit Panjang. After that, we will head to the Bukit Batok Nature Park, which has a beautiful small lake that was once a quarry. Finally, we will have breakfast/lunch at a large kopitiam nearby.

Date: 8 May 2011
Time: 730am sharp
Meeting Place: Bukit Batok MRT Station, in front of West Mall
Distance: Around 24 km, with some short but steep slopes thrown in~
Duration: 2 to 2.5 hrs including stops along the way
Pace: Nice and easy
Road Condition: Mostly PCN, some pavement and road.
Organiser: Steve (94318713)/Taiwoon

Some of the slopes can be quite challenging, single speed not recommended!

8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park West_p11

On for the ride:
1. Steve (94318713)
2. Bernice
3. Taiwoon (96204559)
4. Vince
5. BoonChun
6. Eddie
7. Francis
8. Badrul
9. KC
10. Patrick + Friends
11. Joeel
12. Steven
13. Tiger
14. Herng Huei

Maybe:
1. Diane
2. biohazardboy
3. Wklau

For Riders joining the ride event, please observe the following.
Please inform the organiser your contact numbers.
Please inform the organiser if you are withdrawing from the ride or going to be late for the ride.
Please be punctual for the ride event.
Please bring your own emergency kit (Spare tubes, air pump etc)
Organiser is not responsible for any injuries to riders and bicycles damages occurred before, during and after ride event.
Riders are to ensure their own safety.
Please be nice and patience to all riders.

Last edited by tylsteve on Sat May 07, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:18 pm

cool and thanks Steve for the initiative! I am on!
tylsteve wrote:
Hi all,

Let's do a nice cozy ride along the Bukit Gombak/Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN. Along the way we can check out some nice scenery at Little Guilin, an archery range at Bukit Panjang and also some fun slopes along the Pang Sua PCN at Bukit Panjang. After that, we will head to the Bukit Batok Nature Park, which has a beautiful small lake that was once a quarry. Finally, we will have breakfast/lunch at a large kopitiam nearby.

Date: 8 May 2011
Time: 730am sharp
Meeting Place: Bukit Batok MRT Station, in front of West Mall
Distance: Around 20+ km, with some slopes thrown in~
Pace: Nice and easy
Road Condition: Mostly PCN, some pavement and road.
Organiser: Steve (94318713)/Taiwoon

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon

For Riders joining the ride event, please observe the following.
Please inform the organiser your contact numbers.
Please inform the organiser if you are withdrawing from the ride or going to be late for the ride.
Please be punctual for the ride event.
Please bring your own emergency kit (Spare tubes, air pump etc)
Organiser is not responsible for any injuries to riders and bicycles damages occurred before, during and after ride event.
Riders are to ensure their own safety.
Please be nice and patience to all riders.
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Count me in.

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
Back to top Go down
LovingMyBike

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:34 pm

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince

Slopes? where?? SG got slopes meh??? =x lol!
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:18 am

Count me in for this...Cant make it the 1st May ride, damn sad

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Count me in as well
Back to top Go down
francis
Ride Organizer
I am Super Slow Frog
francis

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Looks very fun, counte me in!
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:38 pm

can put me as tentative? Wink
Cuz it's mother's day.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:24 pm

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
8)Eddie (& family?)
9) Francis

Tentative:
1) frenzzsg
Back to top Go down
darkdays

darkdays

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Just for info, the archery range at bukit panjang is no longer there. Damn, u guys are cycling to my backyard and I can't join u guys. Sad
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:54 am

Hi friends, I hear from Steve is abit hilly... so pls don't use fixie unless u very power.... And as KC also says... I love the hills! hahaa
Vince wrote:
On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
8)Eddie (& family?)
9) Francis

Tentative:
1) frenzzsg
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:57 am

Likely will be alone... my boys exam are in progress
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:42 am

Haha the part with some slopes is only at Pang Sua PCN. short distance only, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:00 am

*deleted*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
badrul83

badrul83

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:50 am

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
8)Eddie (& family?)
9) Francis
10) Badrul

Tentative:
1) frenzzsg
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
8)Eddie (& family?)
9) Francis
10) Badrul

Tentative:
1) frenzzsg
2) diane
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
biohazardboy

biohazardboy

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi people, I am biohazardboy...Very new to the family hehe. I am a mtb rider. Keen to join u guys for the riding event on the 8th. However please put me on the tentive list first. Will confirm my attendence again...
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:42 pm

On for the ride:
1) Steve
2) Bernice
3) Taiwoon
4) GL
5) LovingMyBike
6) Vince
7) BoonChun
8)Eddie
9) Francis
10) Badrul

Tentative:
1) frenzzsg
2) diane
3) biohazardboy
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Dear all,

In case it rains on Sunday morning and the ride has to be called off, I will inform everyone by posting on this forum.

Regards,
Steve
Back to top Go down
Wklau

Wklau

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:27 am

May I know roughly how long is the whole journey?
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:12 am

Wklau wrote:

Check the first post on page 1.. its around 20+km
Back to top Go down
Wklau

Wklau

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:39 am

Prodik wrote:
Wklau wrote:

Check the first post on page 1.. its around 20+km

Bro, how far I knew is 20km+. But I want to know how long as in time.
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:00 am

think should end probably around 11 or so.
Back to top Go down
Wklau

Wklau

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:11 am

tylsteve wrote:
think should end probably around 11 or so.

I might be joining if no rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park   8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th May - Visit to Little Guilin, Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang PCN, Bukit Batok Nature Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next