LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boo
Ride Secretary

22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos Empty
PostSubject: 22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos   22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:04 am

Thanks to all who attended the ride!

We gathered at 7.30am with old and new friends gearing for a windy ride along the coast. Everyone were worried that the ride might be cancelled as it rained for a short while. There were 9 of us at first, with the regular riders like Steven, Tiger, Henry, Boo. New friends included Vincent, Bing, Biohazardboy. Gary brought his wife, SW, along for her maiden Lovecycling ride. After phototaking, we were about to set off when I spotted a familiar face in the Lovecycling Tee zooming towards us. It was Badrul who chiong-ed (rocketed) from the west.

We set off towards Changi Village along the park and found many like-minded cyclists enjoying the leisure pace.

Not worried about riders getting lost (it's a really straightforward route), we had different pace. Some went for a quick spin while some rode and chatted along the way. We caught up with each other later and enjoyed brekky (Australian slang for breakfast) in the food centre in Changi V.

Steven and Tiger went to the popular bike shop and bought some accessories while the rest of us munched on chui kweh, bread, noodles etc.

We set off towards the infamous Changi slope but parted ways with Biohazardboy, Vincent and Bing. The slopes led to the Johore Battery but we were greeted with a different sight this time. They built a restaurant named 'Bunker' (wow, what a lack of imagination) but it does not seems to be in operation. The Monster Gun has an area behind it which we were able to access it the last time and check out the operation of it. However, we couldn't go in this time as the restaurant used it to store their stuff. We found plates, cutleries, pots etc outside.

After feeding the mossies and taking some nice pics, we headed towards Tampines. Along the way, Henry pointed out to me that he missed staying in the east. Come back here!!

We rode along the PCN which started from Simei MRT, passed by Changi Expo, Newater Plant and Bedok Camp. After a hot ride, we finally reached East Coast again! Decided to have some ice cream to cool down. The ice-cream auntie took a nice photo of us before we left and that was COOL indeed!

Chatted with Gary and found out that his wife, SW, is a really NEW rider. She just mastered the bike during CNY and she rode really well! Hope that she will continue to enjoy cycling. Gary zoomed about in his BikeFriday Tikit and rode alongside with SW in her purple Flamingo.

Biohazardboy rode his Scott MTB from Tampines and is a newcomer to the group. Welcome!!

Vincent and Bing are good friends and both rides a white Dahon.

Henry came in his Cyclops sunnies and rode his black Dahon.

Chilling out at the back was Badrul with his grey Dahon.

Steven was in his green Dahon (with matching green shoes) and Tiger rode an Aeon foldie.

Boo rode her fat Trek MTB and tried her best not to lead the group into the longkang (drain).

Thanks to everyone who came even though it rained a little. Our papparazzi/photographer was Steven who worked really hard. Badrul was the master sweeper and he made sure no one got left behind.

Hope that you all had a fun ride. See you all some other rides!

See photos here:

Boo's:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225628864116768.69437.100000089674878&l=d83c5a5afe

Steven's:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225628864116768.69437.100000089674878#!/media/set/?set=a.10150210339672649.330151.649467648
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos   22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Nicely done Boo! Can I also post ur write on my blog?
boo wrote:
Thanks to all who attended the ride!

We gathered at 7.30am with old and new friends gearing for a windy ride along the coast. Everyone were worried that the ride might be cancelled as it rained for a short while. There were 9 of us at first, with the regular riders like Steven, Tiger, Henry, Boo. New friends included Vincent, Bing, Biohazardboy. Gary brought his wife, SW, along for her maiden Lovecycling ride. After phototaking, we were about to set off when I spotted a familiar face in the Lovecycling Tee zooming towards us. It was Badrul who chiong-ed (rocketed) from the west.

We set off towards Changi Village along the park and found many like-minded cyclists enjoying the leisure pace.

Not worried about riders getting lost (it's a really straightforward route), we had different pace. Some went for a quick spin while some rode and chatted along the way. We caught up with each other later and enjoyed brekky (Australian slang for breakfast) in the food centre in Changi V.

Steven and Tiger went to the popular bike shop and bought some accessories while the rest of us munched on chui kweh, bread, noodles etc.

We set off towards the infamous Changi slope but parted ways with Biohazardboy, Vincent and Bing. The slopes led to the Johore Battery but we were greeted with a different sight this time. They built a restaurant named 'Bunker' (wow, what a lack of imagination) but it does not seems to be in operation. The Monster Gun has an area behind it which we were able to access it the last time and check out the operation of it. However, we couldn't go in this time as the restaurant used it to store their stuff. We found plates, cutleries, pots etc outside.

After feeding the mossies and taking some nice pics, we headed towards Tampines. Along the way, Henry pointed out to me that he missed staying in the east. Come back here!!

We rode along the PCN which started from Simei MRT, passed by Changi Expo, Newater Plant and Bedok Camp. After a hot ride, we finally reached East Coast again! Decided to have some ice cream to cool down. The ice-cream auntie took a nice photo of us before we left and that was COOL indeed!

Chatted with Gary and found out that his wife, SW, is a really NEW rider. She just mastered the bike during CNY and she rode really well! Hope that she will continue to enjoy cycling. Gary zoomed about in his BikeFriday Tikit and rode alongside with SW in her purple Flamingo.

Biohazardboy rode his Scott MTB from Tampines and is a newcomer to the group. Welcome!!

Vincent and Bing are good friends and both rides a white Dahon.

Henry came in his Cyclops sunnies and rode his black Dahon.

Chilling out at the back was Badrul with his grey Dahon.

Steven was in his green Dahon (with matching green shoes) and Tiger rode an Aeon foldie.

Boo rode her fat Trek MTB and tried her best not to lead the group into the longkang (drain).

Thanks to everyone who came even though it rained a little. Our papparazzi/photographer was Steven who worked really hard. Badrul was the master sweeper and he made sure no one got left behind.

Hope that you all had a fun ride. See you all some other rides!

See photos here:

Boo's:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225628864116768.69437.100000089674878&l=d83c5a5afe

Steven's:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225628864116768.69437.100000089674878#!/media/set/?set=a.10150210339672649.330151.649467648
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: 22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos   22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:06 pm

twwoon wrote:
Nicely done Boo! Can I also post ur write on my blog?

Ahhh, of course, please edit if you deemed necessary! Thanks TW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos   22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

22May11 - Ride the Eastern Wind story and photos
Page 1 of 1