LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June

Go down 
+13
LovingMyBike
gcw
FonG
dnka
boo
Cru55
twwoon
GL
sttennis
bananamatronix
frenzzsg
Stewart
thudbuster
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thudbuster

5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June Empty
PostSubject: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:14 am

Wanna join me for a northern ride? Meet at 730am at Khatib MRT. Route as follows:
- khatib mrt to Bottle Tree Park (provided park is open at that hour)
- the newly enhanced Lower Seletar Reservoir Park with kids-friendly fountains & a very beautiful jetty
- mandai pcn to zoo (lotsa fast food there, but a little expensive if you don't mind)
- zoo to ulu sembawang pcn
- pass by sports school
- stop at coffeeshop for makan
- new woodlands waterfront
- sembawang park
- back to khatib mrt (with option to fallout at Yishun MRT)

Check out these beautiful images of the Lower Seletar Reservoir:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie_kwan/4744121261/
http://ivyidaong4.blogspot.com/2010/12/kon-seletar-of-singapore-houses-on.html
http://www.google.cz/imgres?imgurl=https://2img.net/h/i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/ahtok/Lower%2520seletar/IMG_5547-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://darkeyering.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html&usg=__GpAIS4Nri8wguvtdEbOKt_iC-es=&h=534&w=800&sz=115&hl=cs&start=18&zoom=1&tbnid=BNWgVYI7xW3i1M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=143&ei=lBbjTYKUN8PorQfv0aHsBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlower%2Bseletar%2Breservoir%26hl%3Dcs%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D891%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1
cheers!

Pace: slow and easy. PCN as much as possible. Expect slopes. Lots of slopes. Ha!

Meeting point: KHATIB MRT station , Start at 0730, move out by 0745. End of ride estimated around 12

Ride organiser: thudbuster

Parking: The entire Khatib HDB area is free on Sundays.

Map: gimme some time... I will post soon
5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June Screen13

Please register your name below:

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther
8 ) GL
9) David

Maybe baby:
1. boo
2. Tah Ching

Rules on the ride
1 ) This ride is open to all.
2 ) Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers.
3 ) Ride will be canceled if heavy rain.
4 ) As rides are at night, its COMPULSORY to have lights, blinkers or light reflectors on your bike.
5 ) Bring your own spare tube or cab fare.
6 ) Wear a helmet / Proper covered shoes for your own safety.
7 ) Those joining the ride, pls comply to ALL LTA rules on cycling on public road during the ride.
8 ) Strictly cycle in a single file on public roads unless overtaking.
9 ) We reserve the rights to refuse any participation from any cyclist(s) at any point of time.
10 ) To instill and promote safety in cycling, we will not hesitate to "STRONGLY ADVISE" rider(s) who compromises safety on himself and/or the whole group during the ride.
11 ) We are just an informal group of cyclists, therefore none of us is liable or responsible for any accident or mishap that occurs to you during any of the rides we organise.
12 ) Always cycle with safety in mind at all times.
13 ) By joining the ride, means you have read the Terms and Conditions with full understanding

Last edited by thudbuster on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stewart

Stewart

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

My wife has been waiting for this route...count us in, Wai Ling & Stewart
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:33 am

I'm in!! alien

i think David will be keen to....cuz he was asking so this week only got the night ride? Sunday leh? Razz
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:10 am

i'm joining!

what kind of terrain are we gonna be on? road? pcn? can my brommie make it?
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
sttennis

sttennis

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:21 am

Me and Tiger on!!!
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:44 am

if i remember correctly, i did the woodlands waterfront to sports school pcn route once... there were a lot of hills. haha Smile
Back to top Go down
thudbuster

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:13 pm

diane,

expect even more slopes since we're going all the way to the zoo this time, and back the same way to go to the Jln Ulu Sembawang pcn to hit the sports school. fun fun fun! lol!
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:35 pm

North I like!!
Count me in as well, thank u!!
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Quote KC : slopes are ur friends!!
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks Andrew and sorry I can't join... bringing my gal to the musuem! Have fun and take more shots!
thudbuster wrote:
Wanna join me for a northern ride? Meet at 730am at Khatib MRT. Route as follows:
- the newly enhanced Lower Seletar Reservoir Park with kids-friendly fountains & a very beautiful jetty
- mandai pcn to zoo (lotsa fast food there, but a little expensive if you don't mind)
- zoo to ulu sembawang pcn
- pass by sports school
- stop at coffeeshop for makan
- new woodlands waterfront
- sembawang park
- back to khatib mrt (with option to fallout at Yishun MRT)
I'll try to post the map later, sorry I'm not very good at that, but will try my best. Smile

Check out these beautiful images of the Lower Seletar Reservoir:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charlie_kwan/4744121261/
http://ivyidaong4.blogspot.com/2010/12/kon-seletar-of-singapore-houses-on.html
http://www.google.cz/imgres?imgurl=https://2img.net/h/i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/ahtok/Lower%2520seletar/IMG_5547-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://darkeyering.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html&usg=__GpAIS4Nri8wguvtdEbOKt_iC-es=&h=534&w=800&sz=115&hl=cs&start=18&zoom=1&tbnid=BNWgVYI7xW3i1M:&tbnh=95&tbnw=143&ei=lBbjTYKUN8PorQfv0aHsBg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlower%2Bseletar%2Breservoir%26hl%3Dcs%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D891%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1
cheers!

Pace: slow and easy. PCN as much as possible. Expect slopes. Lots of slopes. Ha!

Meeting point: KHATIB MRT station , Start at 0730, move out by 0745. End of ride estimated around 12

Ride organiser: thudbuster

Parking: The entire Khatib HDB area is free on Sundays.

Map: gimme some time... I will post soon

Rider onz
1) boo
2) diane
3) stewart & wife
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) bananamatronix
7) steven & tiger
8 )
9)
10)

Maybe
1)

Rules on the ride
1 ) This ride is open to all.
2 ) Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers.
3 ) Ride will be canceled if heavy rain.
4 ) As rides are at night, its COMPULSORY to have lights, blinkers or light reflectors on your bike.
5 ) Bring your own spare tube or cab fare.
6 ) Wear a helmet / Proper covered shoes for your own safety.
7 ) Those joining the ride, pls comply to ALL LTA rules on cycling on public road during the ride.
8 ) Strictly cycle in a single file on public roads unless overtaking.
9 ) We reserve the rights to refuse any participation from any cyclist(s) at any point of time.
10 ) To instill and promote safety in cycling, we will not hesitate to "STRONGLY ADVISE" rider(s) who compromises safety on himself and/or the whole group during the ride.
11 ) We are just an informal group of cyclists, therefore none of us is liable or responsible for any accident or mishap that occurs to you during any of the rides we organise.
12 ) Always cycle with safety in mind at all times.
13 ) By joining the ride, means you have read the Terms and Conditions with full understanding

Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:00 pm

thudbuster wrote:

Rider onz
1) boo
2) diane
3) stewart & wife
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) bananamatronix
7) steven & tiger
8 )
9)
10)

Maybe
1)

i am double posted as 2 and 6! pls change Smile
Back to top Go down
Cru55

Cru55

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Me Joeel and Esther coming. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ejetc.com
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Rider onz
1) boo
2) diane
3) stewart & wife
5) frenzssg
6) stewart
7) steven & tiger
9) joeel and esther
11)
12)
10)
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:10 pm

thudbuster wrote:
Wanna join me for a northern ride? Meet at 730am at Khatib MRT.

Rider onz
1) boo
2) diane
3) stewart & wife
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) bananamatronix
7) steven & tiger
8 )
9)
10)

Maybe
1)

Wah, boo's is auto inserted? I remember this route, lots of 'lovely' slopes along mandai towards zoo. There were monkeys along the route too. Would love to join this ride but need confirmation so I am going to be a maybe baby for now. Smile

Mr. Thudbuster, would you be able to post your contact number for us?

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther

Maybe baby:
1. boo
Back to top Go down
dnka

dnka

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
I'm in!! alien

i think David will be keen to....cuz he was asking so this week only got the night ride? Sunday leh? Razz

Lolx... Northern is my area leh, no reason to not ON! :-)
Back to top Go down
dnka

dnka

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther
8 ) GL
9) David

Maybe baby:
1. boo
Back to top Go down
FonG

FonG

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi im new here can i check if its a morning ride or night ride?
cuz the timing say 7.30am and the rule says "4 ) As rides are at night, its COMPULSORY to have lights, blinkers or light reflectors on your bike."

Thanks ! =)
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 pm

FonG wrote:
Hi im new here can i check if its a morning ride or night ride?
cuz the timing say 7.30am and the rule says "4 ) As rides are at night, its COMPULSORY to have lights, blinkers or light reflectors on your bike."

Thanks ! =)

Welcome to LoveCyclingSG Fong!
This ride is for 7.30am, our usual Sunday morning rides Smile
Come ride together!
Back to top Go down
FonG

FonG

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 pm

woo love to .. but im still lacking a helmet .. =(
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 am

FonG wrote:
woo love to .. but im still lacking a helmet .. =(

Go get yourself a nice helmet! You can start a thread and check out with the lovely folks here where to get your dream helmet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gcw

gcw

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

Will be back on Saturday. Want to join this sunday ride.

CheeWee
9631o35o
Back to top Go down
LovingMyBike

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Very interest in this Northern Ride..but a bit worry on the slopes mentioned, can I confirm on Saturday? (HP 93666332)
Back to top Go down
two5boy

two5boy

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:01 am

Yo Andrew!
Wife just returned from overseas. if she jetlag still sleeping I definitely be there.

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther
8 ) GL
9) David

Maybe baby:
1. boo
2. Tah Ching

Last edited by two5boy on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.studiorigins.com
rainman

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:01 am

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther
8 ) GL
9) David
10) rainman (97648868)

Maybe baby:
1. boo
Back to top Go down
thudbuster

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:18 pm

hi tc

classic case of when the cat's away, the mouse will play. Smile

two5boy wrote:
Yo Andrew!
Wife just returned from overseas. if she jetlag still sleeping I definitely be there.

Rider onz
1) thudbuster
2) diane
3) stewart & wai ling
4) frenzssg
5) stewart
6) steven & tiger
7) joeel and esther
8 ) GL
9) David

Maybe baby:
1. boo
2. Tah Ching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June   5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5th June Northern Ride -- Cancelled due to rain and moved to 19th June
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next