LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Looking for Locks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Looking for Locks   Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:54 am

Hi everyone!

I am looking into getting a U-Lock for my commute bike because my cable lock has gone kaput after 2 years.
Right now what I have in mind is the Kyrptonite's New York Fahgettaboudit®️ U-lock:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/OutletProducts/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1000&pid=1095

If I get this, I probably will also get a cable to go along with it:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/OutletProducts/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1001&pid=1124

Not sure if local bike stores carry it (haven't gone around the shops yet) but I found out it cost about 84GBP (includes shipping) on chainreactioncycles

Any feedback or other recommendations you have?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers~ bounce
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
avatar

Posts : 731
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Boo, I think is not a good idea to lock ur bike.. if u can avoid it. Hide inside the storeroom.

But if u insist.. u can try TR bikes.. they sometimes have Krptonite lock
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks TW! I'll pop by TR Bikes soon..
No choice but to lock it outside, hope no one fancies my poor old bike. Wish I had Doraemon's pocket so I can keep it inside!
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 am

time to get a foldie... Twisted Evil

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:35 am

ztcc78 wrote:
time to get a foldie... Twisted Evil

evil.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

avatar

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Tiong Bahru

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:13 pm

yeah boo, get a foldie. lol Smile
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 pm

foldie also can't squeeze into work place for now Sad
although i don't mind one.. haha.

still can't find the model of Kryptonite I want at
- Bikehaus
- TR
- Song Seng Chan
- T3

bah
Back to top Go down
eekee

avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 pm

boo wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am looking into getting a U-Lock for my commute bike because my cable lock has gone kaput after 2 years.
Right now what I have in mind is the Kyrptonite's New York Fahgettaboudit®️ U-lock:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/OutletProducts/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1000&pid=1095

If I get this, I probably will also get a cable to go along with it:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/OutletProducts/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1001&pid=1124

Not sure if local bike stores carry it (haven't gone around the shops yet) but I found out it cost about 84GBP (includes shipping) on chainreactioncycles

Any feedback or other recommendations you have?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers~ bounce

You can join the Mass Order for CRC products to save on the shipping freight.

http://www.smbf.com.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29555

Note: I'm not related to Iceboy. (though I've ordered thru him a few times...so far so good)..

Back to top Go down
grayman

avatar

Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 pm

u could also try Master Lock http://www.masterlockbike.com/
Available at some bikeshops.. can call Chapter2Cycle 64527168 to enquire.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

avatar

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Tiong Bahru

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:27 pm

grayman wrote:
u could also try Master Lock http://www.masterlockbike.com/
Available at some bikeshops.. can call Chapter2Cycle 64527168 to enquire.

those streetcuffs look cool.
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:35 am

bananamatronix wrote:
grayman wrote:
u could also try Master Lock http://www.masterlockbike.com/
Available at some bikeshops.. can call Chapter2Cycle 64527168 to enquire.

those streetcuffs look cool.

Thanks Grayman! I saw my second choice which will be MasterLock if I can't get the Fahg Mini. A nice price of $50 (if i remember correctly) with u-lock plus cable lock is available at TR Bikes if anyone wants one.

Hey Diane... funky cuffs yeah! Getting one?
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:38 am

eekee wrote:
You can join the Mass Order for CRC products to save on the shipping freight.

http://www.smbf.com.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29555

Note: I'm not related to Iceboy. (though I've ordered thru him a few times...so far so good)..


Hey eekee! Thanks for the heads up! It's a great idea to save on shipping!

I am going to check out Fab Cycles first cos he has some Kyrptonite Evolution locks (thanks to Joeel's info) then see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

avatar

Posts : 203
Join date : 2011-01-13
Location : Tiong Bahru

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 am

boo wrote:
Hey Diane... funky cuffs yeah! Getting one?

Nope! Given my bikes, locks aren't a need. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : SengKang

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41 pm

boo wrote:

Thanks Grayman! I saw my second choice which will be MasterLock if I can't get the Fahg Mini. A nice price of $50 (if i remember correctly) with u-lock plus cable lock is available at TR Bikes if anyone wants one.


Boo!! i got my MasterLock at $25 i think, not sure is it the same design.
But if u're keen, can check out 7-cycle-team at Yishun.
Back to top Go down
tambre



Posts : 48
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:21 pm

The U lock itself is already quite huge and can lock bike and railing. Thus lock has quite good rating but if use it with cable, the strongest link is your cable which the brand itself has no advantage. In that case if you are as paranoia like me, buy another thick hexagonal chain with mini lock. This combo is extremely heavy. I carried both locks when I ride alone, when theft was rampant. Now I forget about all these locks, foldie is still best, suitable for toilet break too.
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks Kimi! I saw some MasterLocks in the east too Smile Tell me which model you have?

Henry! So you are saying a regular cable/cable lock (for the front wheel) will do instead of a 'branded' one right? Honestly I don't see myself carrying a u-lock plus a heavy chain when I commute. Foldie is indeed an awesome choice tho Very Happy (haven't found a foldie to make me fall in love with it yet). Thanks for your advice Smile
Back to top Go down
vintagebiker



Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-12-27
Location : East Coast, yep lots of sun,sand and surfs.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:21 am

Performance Cycles (Siglap Drive): Abus and other german locks, can worth a visit there.
Back to top Go down
lirpadz

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 pm

I saw last friday, fab cycles in chinatown has some krypronite u-locks / cable locks. I'm not sure though if there's a fahgettaboudit.
Back to top Go down
Frontier



Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-07-25
Location : Clementi

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:51 am

boo wrote:
ztcc78 wrote:
time to get a foldie... Twisted Evil

evil.... Evil or Very Mad
I understand there's many foldie poison flowing around in this forum & some newcomers who have low resistance easily succumbing to the poison released by '东邪西毒'.

I do appreciate the bike's virtue to fold & complete part of journey by mrt/bus. However foldie still doesn't solve security issue of commuting bikes parked outside when not feasible inside buildings. Is it feasible for u to push your foldie around in neighborhood supermarkets/libraries/malls? Not to mention the rigidity of staff/guards telling u to park your bike outside instead of pushing around. Is it feasible during peak hour periods with locusts swarms of crowd inside?

Solution for me at moment is still the usage of my cheap old rusty steel clunker locked outside & then jalan jalan inside libraries/malls/supermkts to get my stuff or windowshop.
Back to top Go down
iboey

avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-08-23
Location : Punggol

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I am also looking for a suitable locks for my 2 vitesse D7 when I want to lock them in public so that me and wife can go shopping...any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking for Locks   

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for Locks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Bike talk-
Jump to: