LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What type of child seat for dahon foldie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gcw

gcw

What type of child seat for dahon foldie  Empty
PostSubject: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am

Hi,

Want to bring my 4yr riding with us. Can you advice what type of child seat is suitable for dahon? Price range and bike shop recommendation. Seat need to take support more than 20kg. Pictures for reference will be great.

GCW
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi, I was researching into this topic too. Been wanted to take my 3yrs old to go riding with me.

What I found out was that for foldies, the child seat cannot be fixed in front of the rider, which was what I wanted. You can only fix those child seat at the back of the bicycle.

There are quite many choices for that, you can visit My BikeShop or any other reputable bike shop and they should be able to recommend you something.
Back to top Go down
gcw

gcw

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Lugrider,

Thanks for your advice. Have bought polisport boodie that can clamp on rear rack. Now can bring my daughter for rides.

Chee Wee
Back to top Go down
imprezzive

imprezzive

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:46 am

I bought a Bellelli one...it fits on the rear and onto the seat post. The only thing i just realised about this model is that it doesn't have a grip for the child to hold.

Recently after viewing the photo of my son on the foldie i realise he's been holding on to the harness. I guess he might feel a little in-secure. If there's a handle or something the child can hold on to it'll be nicer.
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:42 pm

maybe can try to fix something on the rear of the seatpost, behind the saddle for him to hold?
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 pm

you can try a stem which is meant for 1.5 inch steering tube, put some rubber shim and fix on Dahon seatpost. then attach a short handlebar for your son to hold
Back to top Go down
imprezzive

imprezzive

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey steve,

That does comes to mind but i hadn't got the slightest idea how i can do that.

I'm kinda new to the foldie world so i'm afraid i don't quite catch understand what you meant by a rubber shim? And where can i get that steering tube too?
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 pm

ehh what I mean is, get a stem that is usually meant for a handlebar, and mount on your seatpost instead. Because the stem would not fit the seatpost exactly (seatpost is 33.9mm diameter, stem is 1.5 inch (38.1mm), you will need a shim to make up the difference in diameter.

You can then fix a handlebar to the other end of the stem.
Back to top Go down
imprezzive

imprezzive

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:01 am

Now i get it..thanks for the tips bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What type of child seat for dahon foldie    What type of child seat for dahon foldie  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What type of child seat for dahon foldie
Page 1 of 1