LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
goat

PostSubject: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi Folks,

My friend was riding along Neo Tiew Road and was attack by a wild boar. I am not sure exactly at which spot as I have not spoken to him yet but got the news from his Bro-in-Law, it should be somewhere Neo Tiew Road near Lim Chu Kang Road area. I understand that he was riding with another friend and did not notice the wild boar in the bushes and when he saw the wild boar running out of the bushes it was already too late, the wild boar run him over and the next thing he knew, he was on the floor with great pain at the back. Fortunately, the wild boar did not attack him any further but just ran across the road and disappeared into the bushes, in which he suspect the wild boar was trying to cross the road and he happened to be on its way. My friend suffered minor fracture on his lower back bones, probably due to the impact of fall and against his handphone which was in his back pocket. And yes, like any other riders.... he is glad that his bike did not suffer even a scratch..geez..:-((

I am sharing this to alert you folks who may be riding into Neo Tiew area but my advise is wherever you may be riding, always stay alert and look out for any animals or pedestrians that may be cutting into your path, always expect the unexpected.

This is my first post here, Moderator please help to move this post to the correct place if it doesn't belong here.

Ride Hard! Ride Safe!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vince

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:54 pm

And have ample lights blink blink when riding at night!
Speedy recovery to your friend!
Back to top Go down
johnljs

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:07 am

Hope he recovers well... I heard about wild boars in Singapore but never had news that people were attacked. Neutral
Back to top Go down
steady_ppp

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 am

dun think the wild boar wanted to attack him. just happened your fren was in its way. wild boars cant see well....so they anyhow run across the road one.

hope ur fren makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
goat

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks Folks!

Yes, my friend and I also think that he just happened to be at the wrong place the wrong time... do not think that the wild boar wanted to attack him.

Just sharing for folks to take note and stay alert.. :-))
Back to top Go down
johnljs

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:17 am

Hope the bike was fine too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boonchun

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:14 am

Damn suay loh....wishing him a speedy recovery and ride again Smile

Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:52 am

When my brother was serving in Tekong, there was a case of a landrover that got rammed from the back by a wild boar. The landrover went off road when the wild boar impacted them and the poor fellow died from the impact. The two very shaken driver and passenger brought the wild boar back because I quote them "no one will believe our story if we don't bring back the wild boar"
Back to top Go down
dnka

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 pm

i cycle there pretty often! gotta take extra care from now onwards, didnt even know that area got wild boars. Hope your friend will be back on the 2 wheels soon!
Back to top Go down
dnka

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

野猪在中央集水区迅速繁殖

in the news today
Back to top Go down
vintagebiker

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I think the hog was startled by the group and was dashing for cover and wasn't attacking. When a boar attacks, it uses its razor sharp tasks to inflick deep gashing wounds.
Speedy recovery to the injured cyclist.
Back to top Go down
goat

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:25 pm

vintagebiker wrote:
I think the hog was startled by the group and was dashing for cover and wasn't attacking. When a boar attacks, it uses its razor sharp tasks to inflick deep gashing wounds.
Speedy recovery to the injured cyclist.

Yes Vintagebiker, most animals do not attack human for no reasons.. my friend and I also do not think the wild boar was attacking him but more like my friend was on its path when it was trying to cross the road... just posting in here to alert cyclists to take note and keep a look out when they cycle there.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
chingyh

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 pm

You won't be able to spot a wild boar. This is all luck. Animals in the wild don't check for traffic nor blind-spot Hope your friend get a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!   

Back to top Go down

WILD BOAR ATTACK..!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Bike talk-
Jump to: