LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)

Go down 
+26
Cru55
goat
Lugerider
teobt
adrianelee
Frontier
Prodik
Mary_Ang
sushix
ztcc78
FonG
Audrey Cheong
Clarence Chang
GL
boo
Pedaler
^D^
CheapBike
david
weekend warrior
jimmylam
bernice.khoo
sohribena
crumpets
frenzzsg
twwoon
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
sfysc

8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks Mr. Sweeper & Zack for helping both way!

huiteng...
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

sfysc wrote:

huiteng...
no problem.. as always we Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
aiksiong

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:00 am

hi All,

I was rather shocked and lost of confidence after the incident. I did a post-mortem analysis/research of the accident so that in future one can avoid future situations:
a. The handle bar was imbalance and overloaded due to a water bottle and two bags, and
b. Coming down from steep slope caused the bike to be unstable due to higher speed, small wheel and situation in a. The small wheel has a smaller fork trail and with a greater hill gradient, the centre of gravity will force the bike crash.

Bottom line: Know the road, terrain and weather and get the right bike for touring. Get the back rack for pannier bags. I now know that touring, computing and road bike are very different and know the strength and weakness will help to ride safe.

FYI: I am now fine after the CT Scan and in the safety zone out of the 48 hours observation timeline. Thank you for Patrick, Nick, TJ, CK, many others in Ilovecycling group for your help. Have a safe ride ahead and don't speed like crazy me.

Best Regards

(PS: I can't join this Sat night 128km due to my injury)
Back to top Go down
Clarence Chang

Clarence Chang

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 am

aiksiong wrote:
hi All,

I was rather shocked and lost of confidence after the incident. I did a post-mortem analysis/research of the accident so that in future one can avoid future situations:
a. The handle bar was imbalance and overloaded due to a water bottle and two bags, and
b. Coming down from steep slope caused the bike to be unstable due to higher speed, small wheel and situation in a. The small wheel has a smaller fork trail and with a greater hill gradient, the centre of gravity will force the bike crash.

Bottom line: Know the road, terrain and weather and get the right bike for touring. Get the back rack for pannier bags. I now know that touring, computing and road bike are very different and know the strength and weakness will help to ride safe.

FYI: I am now fine after the CT Scan and in the safety zone out of the 48 hours observation timeline. Thank you for Patrick, Nick, TJ, CK, many others in Ilovecycling group for your help. Have a safe ride ahead and don't speed like crazy me.

Best Regards

glad u are fine....and rest well my friend....
Back to top Go down
goat

goat

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:06 pm

sfysc wrote:

huiteng...

The pleasure is all mine Hui Teng... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
goat

goat

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm

aiksiong wrote:
hi All,

Best Regards

Glad that you are doing fine Aik Shiong... and it is good that you are sharing your experience with the rest, this will be good information for those embarking on the future touring rides. Thank you!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 pm

aiksiong wrote:

I was rather shocked and lost of confidence after the incident.
do not be lost of confidence.. you gain experience from this
am glad that you are fine and able to share it with the rest.. safety is always no.1
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
weekend warrior

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 pm

[quote="aiksiong"]hi All,

Best Regards

Hi AikSiong

Glad to know you are okay, don't feel paiseh
Wishing you a speedy recovery,rest well and take care.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6