LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more

Go down 
+34
johnljs
FonG
Hong
Mary_Ang
George Lim
SLK
Lugerider
frenzzsg
zaynel
LovingMyBike
boo
Wklau
leews
sttennis
Leapin_Toufu
crumpets
jhon
stevetps
bananamatronix
Michael
stanley lee
Vince
Prodik
Dave0610
dnka
X5
Audrey Cheong
Cru55
Arubino
Clarence Chang
adrianelee
PedalInn
ztcc78
twwoon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
stevetps

21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Taiwoon, count me in to the 1st ride. But for the benefit of newbie, can advise what to prepare?
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:09 am

Welcome, Make sure ur bicycle is in a good working condition. Also patch-kit and spare tube. Although helmets are not a rule, I would highly reccomend it as I have seen first hand that it works. I suppose u have been riding around and comfortable on the roads, if not when we do our safety and route briefing. Pls do let me know that you can tag along more experienced riders.
See u on sunday

stevetps wrote:
Hi Taiwoon, count me in to the 1st ride. But for the benefit of newbie, can advise what to prepare?
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 am

stevetps wrote:

bring cash and water. not sure about the weather for this sunday, but the last Kranji ride we had was so hot and there are fewer areas to refill than most other ride routes. also, as a fair warning, the area is quite hilly but i made it, so i'm sure you can too.
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
jhon

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:18 am

Hi folks, I new too. Staying in the west and just revive my cycling interest. Will be making this trip my first ride with you guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crumpets

crumpets

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 am

Riders onz

1. TW
2. ZT
3. Kevin and Gwyn
4. Joeel and Esther
5. Audrey Cheong
6. David
7. KC

Tentative
Arubino
Back to top Go down
Leapin_Toufu

Leapin_Toufu

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 am

Dave0610 wrote:
...Was pondering whether Kranji Memorial can allow us to use their car park...
The parking at the Kranji War Memorial is free. You can park your car and cycle to Kranji MRT to join the group, but I believe some folks will park and wait for the "main body" to come from the Kranji MRT, as the War Memorial is in the itinerary.
Back to top Go down
sttennis

sttennis

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:28 am

Tiger and me coming! I can help with photography and safety as usual. Still cannot decide if I wanna park as War Memorial or MRT. How far are these two locations from each other?
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:31 am

very near, say 600 meters away only
sttennis wrote:
Tiger and me coming! I can help with photography and safety as usual. Still cannot decide if I wanna park as War Memorial or MRT. How far are these two locations from each other?
Back to top Go down
X5

X5

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:53 am

Count me in.

1. TW (Lead rider)
2. ZT
3. Kevin and Gwyn
4. Joeel and Esther
5. Audrey Cheong
6. David
7. Clarence (Team Panda helper road safely)
8. Vince (Team Panda sweeper)
9. Micheal
10. Dave
11. Diane
12. X5
Back to top Go down
leews

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 am

Count us in too. Thanks!

13. Weishuan and HaiTang.

Looks like Kranji War Memorial is not free parking even on weekends.
http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/carpark_index.php?ID=567&LOC=all&TYP=carpark&SRH=

So may probably park at HDB carpark near Marsiling MRT.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 am

1. TW (Lead rider)
2. ZT
3. Kevin and Gwyn
4. Joeel and Esther
5. Audrey Cheong
6. David
9. Micheal
10. Dave
11. Diane
12. KC
13. Steven and Tiger
14. X5
15. Weishuan and HaiTang.
Back to top Go down
Leapin_Toufu

Leapin_Toufu

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 am

leews wrote:
...Looks like Kranji War Memorial is not free parking even on weekends.

That map link is not any where near Kranji War Memorial. This is where the War Memorial is located...
clickety click to Google maps

The last time when we were there (March 2011), there is parking facilities between the gate and the entrance. And it was free Smile

Hope this clarify.
Back to top Go down
Wklau

Wklau

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi, this one way trip end around 12pm?
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:25 pm

twwoon wrote:
sttennis wrote:

Steven, my suggestion is to park at WM and wait for the main body to come.

Aside to TW, 1st destination should be WM right? Just like the good old time... Wink
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Leapin_Toufu wrote:
leews wrote:
...Looks like Kranji War Memorial is not free parking even on weekends.

That map link is not any where near Kranji War Memorial. This is where the War Memorial is located...
clickety click to Google maps

The last time when we were there (March 2011), there is parking facilities between the gate and the entrance. And it was free Smile

Hope this clarify.

Confirmed free... was there 2 weeks ago to do the Mandai ride with some our fellow members...
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Wklau wrote:
Hi, this one way trip end around 12pm?
its round trip.. we always end at where we start
time is just an estimation..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Eddie, correcto!
Prodik wrote:
twwoon wrote:
sttennis wrote:

Steven, my suggestion is to park at WM and wait for the main body to come.

Aside to TW, 1st destination should be WM right? Just like the good old time... Wink
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 pm

ok this time, i will remember to bring a CAMERA and not just the darned tripod. hehe
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 pm

And charge ur camera and clear the memory card too
bananamatronix wrote:
ok this time, i will remember to bring a CAMERA and not just the darned tripod. hehe
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 pm

bananamatronix wrote:

no wonder we are friends... cos i brought the camera but NOT the memory card for yesterday's ride... cheers
Back to top Go down
LovingMyBike

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Please include me... thanking..
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 pm

boo wrote:
bananamatronix wrote:

no wonder we are friends... cos i brought the camera but NOT the memory card for yesterday's ride... cheers

haha. lessons learned for us, as we feel the effects of having to carry extra dead weight Sad
Back to top Go down
zaynel

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:11 am

1. TW (Lead rider)
2. ZT
3. Kevin and Gwyn
4. Joeel and Esther
5. Audrey Cheong
6. David
9. Micheal
10. Dave
11. Diane
12. KC
13. Steven and Tiger
14. X5
15. Weishuan and HaiTang.
16. Zayne and Rachie
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:37 am

Along the way, and somehow, the name list for the 1st post and now had differ...

Anyway, help to add,

myself and Marcus,
Adrian and friend...

谢谢你 Smile
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:18 am

i'm in too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more    21st August ride -  Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

21st August ride - Kranji- Bollywood veggies- old lim chu kang Jetty and more
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next