LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

dahon front derailleur hanger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
slowrider

dahon front derailleur hanger Empty
PostSubject: dahon front derailleur hanger   dahon front derailleur hanger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 pm

dahon front derailleur hanger Doubler1

Anyone has experiences modifying your Dahon to accept front derailleur ?

Can the Shimano XT Front Derailleur Dual Pull M770 (9 speeds) be mounted on this hanger ?

What size of the front derailleur to fit the hanger?
A - 28.6/34.9 mm
B - 31.8/34.9 mm,
C - 34.9 mm
D - Unisize.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

dahon front derailleur hanger Empty
PostSubject: Re: dahon front derailleur hanger   dahon front derailleur hanger I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:42 pm

You cannot fix a front derailleur to the seat tube directly, as there is no correct clamp size. The Dahon seat tube is 40 or 41mm, so you will need an adaptor as shown above, available at MyBikeShop.

You will then mount a brazed-on type front derailleur (FD), such as those road bike ones. Not sure if you can find brazed-on type for MTB FD.

A triple front chainwheel is not recommended, as the width is likely to cause the inner chainring to hit the chainstay on folding bikes. Double should be possible.

Regards,
Steve
Back to top Go down

dahon front derailleur hanger
Page 1 of 1