LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fokie

fokie

Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? Empty
PostSubject: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:35 am

Hi guys,

Can any someone help me out. I tot of upgrading my stock crank to SRAM Force which uses BB30 does the crank fits into to frame? I know Shimano Ultegra crank does. But want to explore into SRAM's crank.

Den my next upgrade will be a carbon handlebar. I'm looking at a low riser carbon handlebar. I know the Dahon stem only fits 25.4mm is there any upgrade i can do or get to fit the 31.8mm oversize handlebar? But yet i would still like to have my handle post folded like stock. These are my few headache i have now to upgrade my bike.

Someone or anyone please please advice.

I would love to build them on my own. You guys will know the feeling building or upgrade your own bike... Heehee Laughing

Thank in advance for all your advice.

Cheers,
Fokie.
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:46 pm

not sure about the BB30 bottom bracket, think they have bc with different fittings for different frames. just check with the bike shop.

As for the handlebar, you cannot use a 31.8mm one. you can squeeze in a 26mm one, but dun try that with carbon!
Back to top Go down
fokie

fokie

PostSubject: Re: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:53 pm

tylsteve wrote:
not sure about the BB30 bottom bracket, think they have bc with different fittings for different frames. just check with the bike shop.

As for the handlebar, you cannot use a 31.8mm one. you can squeeze in a 26mm one, but dun try that with carbon!

For Handlebar if is 25.4mm Carbon will the clamping down force crash the handlebar?
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 pm

hmm on one hand you want to clamp tight so that it does not rotate, on other hand cannot too tight else might crush bar. just go with aluminium bars to be safe. not too much heavier but much safer?
Back to top Go down
imprezzive

imprezzive

PostSubject: Re: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:53 am

I think it's a little too risky for a foldie to have carbon handle bars.

Though light is good but generally i think that Dahon is fairly ok in terms of overall weight. I'm on a Speed with 12Kg and purely stock, it feels just nice with the aluminium handlebar. The carbon handlebar will make it feel even lighter so i'm not sure if that's a good thing with handlebar.

Just my 2 cents worth though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?   Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does SRAM Force or Red Cranks fits in Dahon Vitesse D7?
Page 1 of 1