LovecyclingSG (LCSG) Facebook for update of the ride event.
5th July 2015 Slow down and smell the roses with Ole Kassow of Cycling without age
Start time: 8 am
Meeting Point Tebing Lane in front of Whisk n Paddle restaurant
The ride is a loop of about 12 km, slow ride, suitable for families
From Tebing Lane to Punggol Settlement and back again
End point Tebing Lane, we have breakfast
We are honoured and delighted to have Ole Kassow and Pernille Vedersø Bussone sharing with us a nice initiative that allows the elderly to experience the "wind in their faces".
More on Ted talks which Ole shared how it all happened.
So.......The next Sunday we will ride in Punggol together with Ole Kassow from Denmark, and passengers in a special rickshaw that is made to transport the elderly. We will take it slow and make a few stops on the way, we may even take time to hear stories from the past and smell the flowers. We ride only on PCN and the ride is suitable for everyone, families and new riders will also enjoy it.
LCSG ride terms and conditions applies. Please ride safe.
Please kindly read the LCSG ride safety notes.
• Do not overtake the ride leader. Please abide by the requests of safety riders and help to sound out any given warnings/instructions.
• Please comply with all traffic regulations at all times.
• When riding on the road or in confined spaces, cycle in single file.
• Do not let wheels overlap
• Do not overtake from the left
• Do not squeeze in between riders to overtake
• Turn your head to check your blindspot before switching lanes
• No earphones and headphones while riding
• Do not make abrupt lane adjustments or abrupt stops
• Keep the lights visible but not causing discomfort to other riders, pedestrians and motorists
• Helmets, gloves and safety vests are not compulsory but recommended
• Bring your own tools and spares, or cab fare in the event that you can't continue a ride.
• No medication or prescription drugs will be handed out during any rides. If you need them, please supply your own.
• Accidents happen, and at any time. LCSG does not guarantee anyone's safety.
• Participants agree not to hold LCSG liable for any injuries, loss of property or in extreme cases, loss of life incurred during, enroute to or after the rides.
• Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers
LCSG ride organisers reserve the right to turn down anyone from participating in our group rides if deemed to be unsuitable.
Safety is in your own hands. Let's have a correct safety mindset and watch for our own safety and others.