With my "leisurely ride account" -- http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-way-ticket-to-kluang-22nd-may-2011.html
there seems to be a lot of comments that lovecycling should also do a long range event which I am not an expert on... anyway.... sooooo here goes.
Interest check on doing a "Ride de Singapore" in a relaxed way... This will not be a supported event, which means we do it "Commando" That the rider will have to bring all the gear/food/water. No support vehicle. We would stop about 40km at some petrol station, food centre(topup water, snacks) ... but short rest and push off. Long range riders, pls chip in with ur comments.
Foldies, MTB, road bike are all welcome. But I hope we can all ride as a group...slow and steady(20-22km).. how what say u?
Date:3rd July, Sunday
Time: 0730, ECP Mac Donalds
Route : From Matt....ECP, ride towards West coast road, Tuas, Woodlands...
1 Labrador or west coast park
2 tuas coffee shop
3 coffeeshop after Neo tiew
4 YISHUN coffeeshop
5 punggol coffeeshop
pls see this http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/28033072/
Others: Bring lights(just in case u take long long time to finish), helmet, money, extra water bottle, deep heat, chap cream, power bars, banannas...
Formation: pack of 5(commemorate the 5 crazy pple who rode from Kluang to SG) and make it safer, easier to manage
I need to know ur bike type and speed u comfortable to ride long long... this will help me split the packs - example "Bike:Xtoor, Av speed 24Km/hr"
1) GL - Bike:Xtoor, Av speed 24Km/hr
2) Diane - "ride until cant ride anymore... then take taxi back" - "slowest group pls"
3) Vince- Urbano 5.0 with upgraded parts avg. spd 24km/h
4) Nick - "test my limit, ride until cannot... " "slowest group pls"
5) Adrian Wong - Bike Tyrell
6) Clarence - Gary fisher MTB
7) Mary Ang - Brompton 6 speed 18km/hr
Darktimus - Dahon Speed P8 - Av 20-23km - will ride as long the bike and leg can go..
9)boo - fat Trek MTB, 20kmh (downhill 35kmh no problem! haha)
10) Eddie(aka Cool dad/prodik) - Dahon P8 with duranos.
11) David (Dnka)-mtb or foldie though... will be at 20-22kmh
12) Ribena Bike: Dahon mu 24 Avg speed: 20-22km/hr
13) Hui Teng Bike: Dahon mu 24 Avg speed: 20-22km/hr
14) Francis: Fixie or maybe birdy - Avg speed 20-24km/hr
15) Bay : Brompton 3 speed. 20kmh (will push to be consistent)
16) Paul Wang Brompton 6 speed - 20km/hr
17) lirpadz - BF NWT, 20 km/h - special request " slowest group please"
18) BoonChun - Dahon Silvertip avg spd should be 23kmh
19) Derek ho - Brompton 2 speed, 20km/hr
21) Hong - Flamingo F1- 20-23km/hr
22) Audrey Cheong - Dahon Speed Pro, wishful ave 20km/hr
23) Adriane lee - Brompton - slow as slow can be... "u live only once!"
24) Taiwoon - Alex moulton - 18km/hr... slow and steady...and survive
25) Wey - Flamingo London NX7, ave. speed 18kph
26) Ming - Flamingo London NX7, ave. speed 18kph
27) Bil - Brompton BWR 6 speed, ave. speed 20kp
28) Darren Siow - Cervelo, ave 23km/hr
29) Lun Cheak -Dahon P8 - ave 20km/hr
30) James - Scott hybrid, av speed- 25km/hr. "no prob with distance... just need directions be Aussie"
31) Brompton Raw - Brompton but of course! 20km/h
32) Papa Mike - Raleigh Sourjourn
33) Steven Tang - Dahon
34) Thudbuster - roadie - 'middle' speed group
36)Teo BT - Bad Boy Cannodale Hybrid.
37)Andrew ng - MTB
38) Chan Chee Wah (Giant TCR)
39) George lin - BF Pocket rocket red...
2)Kimi - MTB 20-22kmh
Ride Terms and conditions
1) Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers.
2) Ride will be canceled if heavy rain.
3) Bring your own spare tube or cab fare.
4) Wear a helmet / Proper covered shoes for your own safety
5) Those joining the ride, pls comply to ALL LTA rules on cycling on public road during the ride.
6) Strictly cycle in a single file on public roads unless overtaking.
7) Follow the lead rider and don’t over take. Inform lead and Sweeper if u leaving group
Help one an other, it is not a race. We get home as a team, suffer as a team
9) If there is a long gap from riders, pls inform lead rider and help to spread out to avoid break contact
10) Lead rider have right to stop rider from continuing if he deems the riders to be not in a condition to ride.
11) We reserve the rights to refuse any participation from any cyclist(s) at any point of time.
12) To instill and promote safety in cycling, we will not hesitate to "STRONGLY ADVISE" rider(s) who compromises safety on himself and/or the whole group during the ride.
13) We are just an informal group of cyclists, therefore none of us is liable or responsible for any accident or mishap that occurs to you during any of the rides we organise.
14) Always cycle with safety in mind at all times.
15) By joining the ride, means you have read the Terms and Conditions with full understanding