LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I kanna poisoned...........................

Go down 
+4
GL
Prodik
Vince
Lugerider
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lugerider

Lugerider

I kanna poisoned........................... Empty
PostSubject: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 am

After one ride with the group for the 3/6 night cycling, I kanna poisoned liao after looking at all the swee swee foldies.

Thinking of doing some 'minor mod' to my Vitesse D7:

- change the rubber/plastic folding pedal to metal one, is the MKS FD-6 good?
- not a fan of grip shifting gear, any model (cheap & reasonably good) shifter (those rapid fire type) to recommend?
- where can I shop for a cheap saddle bag?
- Is the stock Dahon tire good? Thinking of changing to something that can go faster.......
-
-

Also, my Vitesse's warranty already expired, still ok to bring it down to MyBikeShop for servicing/tuning/upgrading ?

Many thanks in advance.

Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Another victim eh lol!

- for trigger shifter, SRAM X7/X9/X0 are good alternatives. Shimano shifters are also great, but bare in mind shimano shifters may not be compatible with some gearsets (correct me if i'm wrong)
Is your gear still 7-speed? might want to upgrade to 9-speed.
- there are hundreds of different kind of saddle bags, just have to find one which suits your needs.. they are available at MBS and many other bike shops too.
- if you are going for touring/comfy rides, go for marathon supreme or big apple tires. for speed, go for durano or kojak.
If you have no idea what to upgrade, you can approach the friendly people at MBS!

Just my 10cents worth. our poison kingss may want to go into more detail lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks Vince.

Yup, I read tylsteve's blog on his journey with the Boardwalk and really impressed with what he did.

My D7 still at 7-speed, will take note of your suggestion.

My tires are still relatively new, feel like its a waste if I change too soon. Maybe I should ride more to wear them out first to make money worth. Wink
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 pm

hello bludder... glad that you are poisoned!

Remember to join us more often and you will start to enjoy our fun rides
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Another ganna, lol. Enjoy in ur journey to zhng ur bike:)
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Lugerider wrote:
Thanks Vince.

Yup, I read tylsteve's blog on his journey with the Boardwalk and really impressed with what he did.

My D7 still at 7-speed, will take note of your suggestion.

My tires are still relatively new, feel like its a waste if I change too soon. Maybe I should ride more to wear them out first to make money worth. Wink

haha another person kena poison le!

Just take note that if you change to 8/9 speeds, you will need to change your wheels which will be costly. (>$300).

As for the other components, its best to ask around for recommendations and try it out for yourself. SRAM and Shimano shifters and RD are not really compatible with each other.

Answering your questions, the MKS FD-6 Pedals are really solid and smooth-spinning. Think they now have the newer FD7 at MBS. But the metal surface can be slippery during wet weather.

Trigger shifters are nice cos they allow you to maintain the good grip even as you are accelerating/decelerating and braking. Many choices available, most work well. Depends on what you like!

Topeak saddle bags are good, tough and dependable. Don't save on a saddle bag, spend $30+ on a good Topeak saddle bag and you will never worry about it again. Recommend you to get a large one to put all your barang-barang, such as spare tubes, tools, wallet etc.

Stock Dahon Rotolo tires are decent, but for more puncture protection and lower weight, look at Schwalbe tires. Marathon Supreme for extreme puncture resistance, Kojak or Durano for speed.

Think my blog should have most info regarding the upgrades, can ask me if you need to clarify anything!

As for bringing your bike down to MBS for servicing, should not be a problem regardless of warranty. Warranty applies only if you need to send back the frame due to defect/damage.

Regards,
Steve
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am

Saddle bag!!!
Go get from axle cycle loh, 50% off, can't go wrong de
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am

Steve - Thanks for your advise.

GL - where is axle cycle? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Any idea what is the price of the MKS FD-7 Pedals?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:53 pm

http://www.togoparts.com/bikeshops/shop_details.php?sid=173
Right now they are only open on weekends. Do give them a call before going
Back to top Go down
MamaCat

MamaCat

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Dezz... that's the 'wonder' of forums -- in car forum kena poison, come bicycle forum, oso kena poison... you can run but you cannot hide!! wahahahaha!!!

Btw, i oso kena poisoned over last weekend haiz...
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm

MamaCat wrote:
Dezz... that's the 'wonder' of forums -- in car forum kena poison, come bicycle forum, oso kena poison... you can run but you cannot hide!! wahahahaha!!!

Btw, i oso kena poisoned over last weekend haiz...

Ya-lor.... need to boost my immune system to stay away from all the 'poisons'...... ha ha ha......

From the photos, saw that you attended last Sunday's outing at Ubi..... so what poison did you kena? alien
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:25 pm

GL wrote:
http://www.togoparts.com/bikeshops/shop_details.php?sid=173
Right now they are only open on weekends. Do give them a call before going

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Think the MKS FD-7 pedals should cost around $60.
Back to top Go down
GL

GL

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 am

MKS pedals are the zhng standard brand for foldies loh
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 am

... Thanks for your kind info ... worthwhile to take a look while in SG ... thinking of changing my stock pedals.

tylsteve wrote:
Think the MKS FD-7 pedals should cost around $60.
Back to top Go down
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 am

Changed to MKS FD-7 yesterday, MBS charged me $65 Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:37 pm

I intend to replace my stock Brompton pedals to MKS FD-7.

Greatly appreciate some comment for such a replacement and /or help here to recommend any good LBS that have the said MKS in stock. I will definitely drop by MBS.

Thanks / Billy
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:31 am

Have changed my stock Brompton's pedals to MKS FD-7 at MBS just before the IronButt Ride 128km.

It is very much better than the Brompton original pedals. It gives a solid feel especially when pushed hard. The only issue is a little heavier than the original and makes the fold slightly wider, but manageable.

Wey and Ming also changed their pedals to MKS too. We really "kanna poisoned ......." and altogether bought 4 pairs of MKS FD-7 beside other accessories at MBS.
Back to top Go down
sys_error

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm going after 1 of these...
I kanna poisoned........................... Mksmte
I kanna poisoned........................... Cube1
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm

oh thats nice, can swap for cleats. just don't forget to bring out pedals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I kanna poisoned...........................   I kanna poisoned........................... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I kanna poisoned...........................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Bike talk-
Jump to: