LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)

Go down 
+10
MrMeow
michaelkhaw2010
crumpets
frenzzsg
tambre
andrew_socold
lovethefold
twwoon
david
Mary_Ang
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
michaelkhaw2010

BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
Mary, since we'll be having safety vehicles with us, does this mean I won't need to have any touring rack on my bike? I'm planning to ride my cannondale instead of e BF..Very Happy

If this's true, then I will only have my hydration backpack with me during e ride...heehee...

Dear Kimi,

You can put all your barang-barang in the safety vehicle and have only your hydration pack with you.
But just as Tai Woon shared, try to do with a pannier or two.
Perhaps after this, you might want to go on some other overseas cycling trips with us :-)

warmest rgds,
Mike
Back to top Go down
teobt

teobt

BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 pm

michaelkhaw2010 wrote:
frenzzsg wrote:
Mary, since we'll be having safety vehicles with us, does this mean I won't need to have any touring rack on my bike? I'm planning to ride my cannondale instead of e BF..Very Happy

If this's true, then I will only have my hydration backpack with me during e ride...heehee...

Dear Kimi,

You can put all your barang-barang in the safety vehicle and have only your hydration pack with you.
But just as Tai Woon shared, try to do with a pannier or two.
Perhaps after this, you might want to go on some other overseas cycling trips with us :-)

warmest rgds,
Mike

Perhaps get a Pannier Bags c/w bike rack including putting some stones in it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm

"Train in peace time, bleed less in war time." I like this!!! alien

Okie dokie, will start shopping ard...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tambre

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Haven't really decide what to bring, a folding or MTB ? Need to know if tyres like Big Apple wiill make it, any advice ? It comes as stock bike on BF, hopefully on time for me to try out. If not, change MTB tyre Maxxis Tomahawk on hardtail. That makes 2 Cannondales. Honestly I love the full sus but if it's not off road, then forget it. My legs ain't that strong..hahaha
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 pm

[quote="tambre"]Haven't really decide what to bring, a folding or MTB ? Need to know if tyres like Big Apple wiill make it, any advice ? It comes as stock bike on BF, hopefully on time for me to try out. If not, change MTB tyre Maxxis Tomahawk on hardtail. That makes 2 Cannondales. Honestly I love the full sus but if it's not off road, then forget it. My legs ain't that strong..hahaha [/quote

Hi Henry

Big Apple is ideal. We're not speeding. Enjoy the ride & country-side.
15-20km/hr average.
Wah you order a BF specially for this trip? You really on man!
Is it the BF expedition?

There will be some gravel and potholes over short sections halfway and near the beach near Trikora 4 (around 45 to 50km mark). Big Apple fully inflated will give you a comfy ride:-)

Hope this helps.

rgds,
Mike

Last edited by michaelkhaw2010 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 am

frenzzsg wrote:
"Train in peace time, bleed less in war time." I like this!!! alien

Okie dokie, will start shopping ard...Very Happy

Hi Kimi,

You don't need to buy a set of panniers.
I can loan you mine. I have a spare set.
It's Lotus brand. I can pass it to you nearer the time.
Only thing is, if you are using a mountainbike, you may not have the side-stays that prevent the panniers from hitting your rear wheel.
The modified rear rack that TaiWoon fashioned should take care of the problem.
See whether you can buy a rear rack like Tai Woon's and modify it like his.
Then you are set for future tours :-)

rgds.
Mike
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am

Perhaps get a Pannier Bags c/w bike rack including putting some stones in it. Laughing Laughing Laughing [/quote]

Ha Ha Uncle Teo, perhaps Kimi can carry all our barang - barang Laughing Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 am

michaelkhaw2010 wrote:
Perhaps get a Pannier Bags c/w bike rack including putting some stones in it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ha Ha Uncle Teo, perhaps Kimi can carry all our barang - barang Laughing Shocked Laughing [/quote]

Nice joke papa mike.... What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 am

Kimi, are you planning to ride the BF tikit?
There's a short section of gravelly road before the 34km mark which you have to be a bit more careful as it's a slope, the 16" wheels can be a bit twitchy when they hit the gravel. Alvin (lovethefold) has done the trip twice on the tikit though.:-)
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 am

michaelkhaw2010 wrote:
There's a short section of gravelly road before the 34km mark which you have to be a bit more careful as it's a slope, the 16" wheels can be a bit twitchy when they hit the gravel. Alvin (lovethefold) has done the trip twice on the tikit though.:-)

Erhhh...nope!! Smile
Plan to ride my cannondale. Very Happy MTB
Will like to start off easy for my 1st overseas touring trip.... Embarassed

Btw, we'll be able to charge our hp, iPod rite?
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 am

frenzzsg wrote:
michaelkhaw2010 wrote:

Erhhh...nope!! Smile
Plan to ride my cannondale. Very Happy MTB
Will like to start off easy for my 1st overseas touring trip.... Embarassed

Btw, we'll be able to charge our hp, iPod rite?

Yes, they have standard 3 pin points (like S'pore) in each room.
Back to top Go down
tambre

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Wah you order a BF specially for this trip? You really on man!
Is it the BF expedition?

There will be some gravel and potholes over short sections halfway and near the beach near Trikora 4 (around 45 to 50km mark). Big Apple fully inflated will give you a comfy ride:-)

Hope this helps.

rgds,
Mike[/quote]

my wife refuse to do purely cycling trip, so get one more foldie that can be trasported in car or train. My trip to UK was shelved, maybe next year hopefully. Ok all that crappy excuse , I will go for longer ride with panniers if my physical body permits. She say I am crazy.... when I told her I will like to your indo China, maybe China too. Sad it didn't come on time. I am leaving for China in mid July and will very much like to go yo Yangshuo over the weekend. My Dahon Jetstream Ex is still huge when folded. Now throwing coins, head or tail to decide. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Wah Henry, I'm impressed. China is a nice place to cycle - my dream to do a slow cycle from Yunnan(Lijiang) through Indochina & back to Singapore - but to get visa from Minister of Home Affairs very difficult lah. I hope I can still do it in the future :-)
Back to top Go down
Mary_Ang

Mary_Ang

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:01 pm

countdown ... Hello my dearest bike mates , ARE you ready ??

This song especially for you ... for our trip !!!

THE CLimb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain

It's the climb, yeah!

Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/04/there-is-somethi
tambre

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:07 pm

My most dreaded nightmare...2 weeks on business trip without access to warm up rides or training. Not sure if any other form of exercise helps, hotel doesn't have gym facilities.
Faith....yea faith is what I need now to recover from my infection. Need prayer and medicine. Coughing my lungs out now and fall sick after 60km ride.
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:45 pm

[quote="Mary_Ang"]countdown ... Hello my dearest bike mates , ARE you ready ??

THE CLimb

Thanks Mary!!!

Less than a month to go!
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:46 pm

tambre wrote:
My most dreaded nightmare...2 weeks on business trip without access to warm up rides or training. Not sure if any other form of exercise helps, hotel doesn't have gym facilities.
Faith....yea faith is what I need now to recover from my infection. Need prayer and medicine. Coughing my lungs out now and fall sick after 60km ride.

Get well soon & take care!!!
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Dear Riders,

10 days left to go to our Bintan ride!
Gentle reminder to:
1) equipment check
2) passport
3) camera, $ (for personal purchases)

Pls remember meet up at Tanah Merah ferry terminal 6:30am. (latest by 6:45 am)

Might be rainy weather, don't forget to bring lubes.

See you soon!

rgds,
Mike
ps: I will be away 29th July to 2nd August, if you need to contact me for any query please do so by 28th July.
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 pm

"lubes"? Question

arghh....think i better go find out more from the old birds on what to bring....hmm....
Back to top Go down
jimmylam

jimmylam

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

I wonder got time to dry our clothings while in the chalet. 4.5 days to go, huray is a holi holiday. God bless our trip.
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Henry, hope you are feeling better ! :-)

Hi Jimmy, if weather is clear & dry, clothing should be dry in time for next day's riding.
Can hang the clothes after personal laundry under the eaves of the roof outside the room.
Bring a hanger or two :-)

rgds.
Back to top Go down
jimmylam

jimmylam

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi Mike papa, I have to miss this trip due to my wife's admission in hospital. Regards.
Back to top Go down
michaelkhaw2010

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 pm

jimmylam wrote:
Hi Mike papa, I have to miss this trip due to my wife's admission in hospital. Regards.

Sorry to hear about your wife Jimmy.
Hope she gets well soon.
Take care.
rgds.
Back to top Go down
jimmylam

jimmylam

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:42 pm

michaelkhaw2010 wrote:
jimmylam wrote:

Sorry to hear about your wife Jimmy.
Hope she gets well soon.
Take care.
rgds.

Hello Papa Mike,

Thanks! for your concern and my wife is getting better now and will be discharged soon.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mary_Ang

Mary_Ang

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Mary_Ang wrote:
countdown ... Hello my dearest bike mates , ARE you ready ??

THE CLimb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain

It's the climb, yeah!

Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

Henry .... we will miss you !!! Rest in peace
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/04/there-is-somethi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)   BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BINTAN RIDE: 3 Days 2 Nights - 5th August (Friday) to 7th August (Sunday)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3