Like a challenge? Want to be a king/Queen of SG hills? Let's take them on.... I mean Mt Faber, Bukit Chandu, Kent ridge, NUS slopes followed by a zip to Tuas "hockey stick" and redoing the hills all over again.... Wahhh... siong and super scary huh? Yup!
This is not an easy ride, my friends and I have catered 1 month plus so u can train abit ... The slopes are our friends.. and u will have plenty on this ride! As per ironbutt, we go commando... that is ... bring ur own gels, water, first aid kit and kitchen sink!
Oh BTW, we ride in lovecycling fashion, as a team. Eat, suffer, curse and complete as a team!
See the map.....
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/48512234/?open_ive_done=1 <<< Thanks Darren for the map route and core team for the intial recce!
Ride Details: Start point - vivo City infront of the fountain and open area.
Distance: 27km one way. ...
Ride organiser : Taiwoon (96204559) with the help of many friends
Est time of completion: 3pm... gulp!
Special note: bring ur chocolate, bannana, deep head, prayer beads, Powergels and tow rope... water too!
The KODH Route in words
Vivo City >> Labrador park>> turn and head towards Mt Faber Main entry point>> Rest on Top of Mt Faber, head count ok>> West coast Rd>> Pepsys rd, Bkt Chandu>> Rest on top of Bkt Chandu, head count>> West coast Rd >> South Buona Vista road, Kent Ridge>> Vilante drive>> Rest on top of Kent ridge, head count, photo opportunity, pat on the back>> Walk down PCN by Pepsys rd>> West Coast road >> Clementi Rd>> NUS slopes loop>> Clementi road>> West Coast road>> West Coast Mac Donald pitstop, eat, rest. Do voting at Mac Donald …if we can all do the repeat – gulp..… if ok…. All accounted for… we repeat NUS, Kent ridge, Bkt Chandu, Mt Faber>> ending at Vivo City.
- pls note, we will do some shuffling on site but pls keep to this arrangement first.
- Listen to the lead rider, Sweeper and Safety. They are there to make it safe, enjoyable for all.
1) Clarence Chang - Lead Rider- Gary Fisher Piranha MTB
2) Vince li – Main Sweeper
3) Nat - MTB
4) AndyShue - Roadie, 25-30km/hr, 18km/hr (slope)
5) Gerhard – Roadie
6) Joeel Lee – Dahon – Safety and Photograhy
7) Esther lim – Dahon
Francis – Birdy – Safety and Photograpy
9) Alvin Kwa - Road bike
10) Jim - MTB 20kph.
11) Jason Lee - MTB - 25 km/h (flat)
12) BoonChun - Dahon Silvertip.
13) Adriane Lee - Brompton M 6 speed – Safety
14) Rezal - Dahon Curve 3 speed
15) i_Doggie - M+B
17) loke - Xtoor
18) Audrey Cheong Trek 4400 MTB
19) Carl Griffin
20) Lee Wei Shuan
21) Sir KC (maybe) Roaming Sweep
22) Fishy Sauce - tyrel
Team Turtle power
1) Taiwoon -- Lead rider - Moulton TSR
2) Darren Siow – Main Sweeper - Flamingo london
3) John Fabre - Red ferrari Tikit -- Safety
4) David Ng – dahon
5) Tambre aka Henry - Bike Friday Pocket Llama
6) Nick Wong - Dahon vector 10
7) Darktimus - Dahon
Pedaler - Dahon Vitesse
9) Derrick - Dahon Vitesse
10) Steven Tang - Raleigh Sourjourn – Safety
11) Tiger Tang - Dahon Speed D7
12) frenzzsg aka Kimi - Cannodale MTB (cheating lol)
13) chan - new to the group, old steel road bike ave speed is 20+kph
14) Jieren - Dahon Broadwalk D7 -
15) April = lirpadz -- Bikefriday NWT - 20km/hr
16) Steve Tan = Dahon
17) Bernice =Dahon
18) Patrick Yee (maybe) Roaming Sweep
19) Mr Teo - Safety
20) Roland - Dahon TR
21) Bay- Dahon
21) Hong - Flamingo
22) Boo- Trek MTB
Ride Terms and conditions (PLS READ!!!!)
1) Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers.
2) Ride will be canceled if heavy rain.
3) Bring your own spare tube or cab fare.
4) Wear a helmet / Proper covered shoes for your own safety
5) Those joining the ride, pls comply to ALL LTA rules on cycling on public road during the ride.
6) Strictly cycle in a single file on public roads unless overtaking.
7) Follow the lead rider and don’t over take. Inform lead and Sweeper if u leaving group
Help one an other, it is not a race. We get home as a team, suffer as a team
9) If there is a long gap from riders, pls inform lead rider and help to spread out to avoid break contact
10) Lead rider have right to stop rider from continuing if he deems the riders to be not in a condition to ride.
11) We reserve the rights to refuse any participation from any cyclist(s) at any point of time.
12) To instill and promote safety in cycling, we will not hesitate to "STRONGLY ADVISE" rider(s) who compromises safety on himself and/or the whole group during the ride.
13) We are just an informal group of cyclists, therefore none of us is liable or responsible for any accident or mishap that occurs to you during any of the rides we organise.
14) Always cycle with safety in mind at all times.
15) By joining the ride, means you have read the Terms and Conditions with full understanding