LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible

Go down 
+4
George Lim
ztcc78
Vince
twwoon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible Empty
PostSubject: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:26 am

starting this thread so that the newer riders can have some information on riding and safety, esp for night rides. Here's my way of making sure the cars see me...
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/06/safety-at-night-and-my-bling-bling-vest.html

Folks, do share how u make ur bike bling bling and visiblie to traffic... For the lead and Safety, I will get Cyclum stick to mount on bikes so pple can identify who is who... or anyone got better ideas?

Some ideas for being seen at night
1) Luminous vest or bling bling version - can get from Beach road market and sungei road
2) Cyclum Stick (hang afew around u and bike) - can get from Beach road market
3) Fiber flare lights - Available at Diginexx and C2C
4) Wear white
5) add reflective gear as well to complement the lights

Hydration
1) 2 waterbottles please. 1 isotonic, 1 water

General well being
1) Have enough sleep
2) Deep heat
3) power gel and milo bar to get u thru the tough section

Last edited by twwoon on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:35 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added more details)
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am

the glow stick to mark safety/lead is a great idea! additionally I have a pair of blue fibre flares for added side visibility.
And refrain from wearing dark clothings.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:04 pm

most importantly.. pls have enough sleep before the ride..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
George Lim

George Lim

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 pm

I have some Cyclum stick.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:21 am

George, Do u have enough for 5 sets for lead and sweep? Aga agar need 20 sticks min.... Color wise I think we use Yellow/Blue<< or wat say u? I want to differiante the color of the lead and Sweeps so pple can see and know them quikly Not red as many riders will have red rear blinker
George Lim wrote:
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
George Lim

George Lim

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am

Can, not problem
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

omegaforest

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

George Lim wrote:
:D

how come sound so familiar!lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

add reflective gear as well to complement the lights
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:07 pm

For the front, i have 2 cateye (white), 2 short fiber flare (blue)
For the rear, i have 1 fizik saddle light (red), 1 cateye (red), 2 alien light (red).

Should be enuff right? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
For the rear, i have 1 fizik saddle light (red), 1 cateye (red), 2 alien light (red).

Almost a Christmas tree! affraid
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Prodik wrote:
frenzzsg wrote:

Almost a Christmas tree! affraid

haha...well there'll be plenty of walking xmas tree....TW, Mary, Vince, Clarence & many more!! ^_^ so i wont be the only one....heehee...
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 pm

I have 2 blue light sticks kapoked from ICT.. oops =x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible   prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

prepartion for 128 km night version - stay lighted and visible
Page 1 of 1