Folks, I am hearten to see more and more stepping up and proposing more rides. Thank you for helping make LCSG the cool cycling group that it is. Pls see are some pointers / instructions for proposing a cool lovecycling sunday ride.
Ride Template(for ur reference)
Ride: 21st Nov 2011, visit to ulu Kranji (Date follow by title, this will help in the archiving) Tips : Share with the group on the history of the place u want to ride, why it is special to u. (memories and history) Every one has stories
Ride Organiser: Taiwoon (contact 96204559) - so pple can contact u
Time: 0730 - 1300
Meeting location: Kranji Mrt, near the taxi stand
Ride rating: Suitable for all, for experienced riders, children friendly, slope are my friends
Others: Rain or shine, we will ride.
Route : post map photo/weblink here - Additional note (Best to use PCN as much as possible. We have a wide group of riders, some very experienced, some newbie. Sunday ride is more of a social ride where people meet, ride and know each other. If PCN is not possible, try as much as possible to use roads that are less busy)
1. All riders should stay in a single file
2. When riding on pavements, we should not ring our bells at pedestrians
3. Please bring your own emergency kit such as spare tubes, patch kit etc
4. Do not overtake the lead rider of the group.
5. Split into two groups or more if we have more than 20 riders (assuming we have enough volunteers) . this is for the safety and better handling of the riders
6. If riders do not adhere to rules during rides, find an opportunity and time to advise them again.
7. Listen to the lead, safety and sweeper. They are here to make it safe and enjoyable.
8. Be punctual. We wait for slow riders, not late-comers.
9.We are just an informal group of cyclists, therefore none of us is liable or responsible for any accident or mishap that occurs to you during any of the rides we organise.
Safety, sweepers (voluteer to help)
All in all. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people ur neighbour and special places. No need to be glam, just some place that matter to u. Hope this explains the intent of the sunday ride.
Lastly, if there are shops/ Gov agency that would like our participation. Pls do't commit first. Do forward the communication to me, Francis, Andy, Matt, Mary, Clarence and Zack so that we can discuss internally first. We want to ensure we dont compromise the integrity and free spirit of this wonderful group. Thanks.