LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help and advice on how to get started

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
superxian

Need help and advice on how to get started Empty
PostSubject: Need help and advice on how to get started   Need help and advice on how to get started I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:29 am

Hi there!

I've just relocated to Singapore recently, and I've been looking for a regular road bike for commuting. This would be the first time I've owned a bike post elementary school (like in 12 years), so I'm relatively newbie at this. I've researched some bikes and narrowed it down to some steel bikes which are the Charge Plug 2010 model and Fuji Classic/Feather 2010 model (which I've researched as a fixed gear bike) as the two I really like - but only because they are so pretty! and affordable. Right now the next step for me is to head to shops for a test ride but I wonder if anyone has advice/a how-to shop guide for me since I might have to be down at the shops myself:

a) if anyone knows which bike stores around Singapore stock the abovementioned bikes
b) any other bikes that you guys can recommend to research and test ride
c) what should I be looking for/asking (like technical stuff)...

Any help and advice would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Need help and advice on how to get started   Need help and advice on how to get started I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 am

a) if anyone knows which bike stores around Singapore stock the abovementioned bikes
try airwalk or toyobike

b) any other bikes that you guys can recommend to research and test ride
try single speed bike in any case you are not used to fixed fear

c) what should I be looking for/asking (like technical stuff)
the bike shop would be glad to assist you.. no worries
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
GeWeKe

PostSubject: Re: Need help and advice on how to get started   Need help and advice on how to get started I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 am

Try Fat Cat Cycles @ Vertex, they got Fixed and Single Speed Bianchi on offer, very old school look with new-tech production but most imptly rides well. Got 1 for myslf recently Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help and advice on how to get started   Need help and advice on how to get started I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help and advice on how to get started
Page 1 of 1