LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

16th March 2014 - Visiting the 30 life Stories project @ Dhoby Ghaut Green

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

16th March 2014 - Visiting the 30 life Stories project @ Dhoby Ghaut Green Empty
PostSubject: 16th March 2014 - Visiting the 30 life Stories project @ Dhoby Ghaut Green   16th March 2014 - Visiting the 30 life Stories project @ Dhoby Ghaut Green I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Meeting point: Start of Geylang PCN (nearest to Mac Donalds)
Time: 0830 from Start line
End : 1130 am - Disperse from Dhoby Ghaut Green

Hello Folks,
I am participating in the 30 Life Stories project which will be presented to the public on the mid March.
It is essentially a design/art exhibition by SFIC (Singapore Furniture Industries Council) with Nparks. The idea is to bring 30 designers/artists/Sculptors to share their experiences in the parks and to translate their memories into park installation. All this using tree off cuts/trimmed from the parks, giving them a 2nd life! More info below.

http://www.singaplural.com/exhibitions/30-lifestories/

Run of events.
I will lead LCSG from Kallang PCN(near to Kallang Mac) and roll slowly to see the lovely MBS area and to SMU and to Dhoby Gaut green.

We can do a small picnic there and see the unique art/design installation( its now being built... finger crossed all will be ready... )
There are also several events happening onsite. For example Levis will have a spin off contest (using 2 spinning machines and LCD display). Bragging rights for the fastest 5km for example...

Francis Chu have also designed unique bike rack with the kind sponsorship from Levis!

I will also do a informal "fold and unfold" bike contest (Dhoby Ghaut Green) inspired by Lynette Chiang (formerly from Bike friday)... So if you think you are good... show us Smile This is more a demonstration of the folding capabilities of the foldies and help to "poison" more people to take up cycling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKsCvDhCqI

Lastly - Food. I understand that there would be some coffee and finger food(just tips) will be onsite as well.

Remarks:
Mainly PCN until Fullerton hotel area where we will take the road for about 1-2 Km and then taking the pavement to SMU,
Limit to 100 pax. Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://lovecyclingsg.niceboard.com

Page 1 of 1