LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park

Go down 
+35
boonchun
teobt
i_Doggie
sttennis
crumpets
Mary_Ang
sys_error
eleaz
eekee
xalvinkwax
gcw
KiwiKaw
Foldiegwyn
zaynel
Cru55
mdaan
sohribena
angmar88
richardlimjr
MamaCat
justin_newbie
goat
jasbay
Clarence Chang
frenzzsg
dnka
tambre
adrianelee
boo
bananamatronix
Prodik
Audrey Cheong
Vince
ztcc78
twwoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
brandonlyf

brandonlyf

26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park    26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 am

Riders onz
01) Taiwoon
02) Steven Lim
03) Vince
04) Eddie & Co and sister
05) Diane
06) Francis
07) Boo
08) Henry
09) David
10) Kimi
11) Clarence
12) Bay & Co
13) Peter & Cathryn
14) RichardLimJr
15) Mary Ang
16) mDaan
17) Adriane & Amy
18) Joeel & Esther
19) Foldie Gwyn & Kevin
20) xalvinkwax
21) Wilson & Family
22) eleaz
23) KC
24) Steven & Tiger
25) i_Doggie
26) CheeWee & Family
27) Teo
28) Clyde
29) BoonChun (will just be attending the talk - slow ride there with "Stridoe"
30) Leapin_Toufu & Mrs Toufu (aka derek & shirley)
31) Brandon - Ohhhhh yea!

Maybe
1) Zack
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/brandonlyf
goat

goat

26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park    26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for taking time to attend the clinic, it's the greatest pleasure of mine to be able to share with you all the fundamentals and the extra tips on riding safely. I sincerely hope you all have benefited from it and be able to enjoy a safe and enjoyable ride.

I believe I had missed out something fairly important in the presentation, please take note that:

According to the Road Traffic Act, Rules 28 (Bicycle Rules), bicycles are NOT ALLOWED to be ridden on the PEDESTRIAN WALKWAY/FOOTWAY, except.. Tampines Town.

I understand that cyclists are going on the footway everywhere on the island, but strictly speaking, it is ILLEGAL, cyclists can get book and fine for doing so.

My suggestion is for cyclists to stay OFF pedestrian walkway/footway unless really necessary. And if you do so, please remember that the name of path (pedestrian walkway/footway) already says it all, DO GIVE WAY to pedestrians. Ring your bell (if need be) only once or twice to alert the pedestrian (that's all) and do not forget to thank them when you pass. Pedestrians on the footway has the priority, do not create a nuisance or obstruct their way. Be polite and share the path, we can all co-exist happily.

As for Lovecycling.sg usual rides, may I suggest ride organiser to avoid going onto pedestrian walkway/footway as far as possible because when we have a large crowd of cyclists on the pedestrian walkway, it is going to give the pedestrians a lot of pressure and accident may happen. Also, there may be a chance that cyclists may get book by Traffic Police enforcement officers if they happen to spot them.

Next, do clear all junctions (eg. traffic light junctions) as fast as possible because there may impatient drivers trying to make turnings and try to take the turn before another car comes near. Keep a look out for cars that are waiting to turn at junction (from opposite direction), raise your hand to signal to them to wait and wave to thank them after you pass.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort. You may drop me an email at safecyclesg@gmail.com or post in this forum if you have any questions.

Have a pleasant Sunday and a great week ahead.

Ride Hard! Ride Safe!

Cheers!!

Steven Lim
President
Safe Cycling Task Force
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park    26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks Steven for taking out your valuable time for this clinic!!
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: 26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park    26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:35 pm

I hope I dun get booked for taking lift with my bicycles too. Hahaha. Thanks Steven for the valuable tips u had shared with us. Although there are always black sheeps (in all parts of our daily life), we will do our part to show the motorists and pedestrians we cyclists obeys rules too. Kekeke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park    26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

26th June SafeCycling Clinic for LoveCycling group at Road Safety Park
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5