LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List

Go down 
+5
ztcc78
Vince
Lugerider
twwoon
adrianelee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
adrianelee

Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List Empty
PostSubject: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Hello all, just thought I will start a packing list for proposed supplies to bring for Tour De Singapore. Please feel free to add to the list.

1 ) Chapping Cream. (Please add in other recommended brands, Andrew I forgot the brand you recommended, please help add it here)
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/06/century-riding-cream.html
2 ) Water bottle +one extra (Although we might be serviced by our "support" team of petrol kiosks, it is best to be self sufficent especially when we get to the northern part of the ride)
3 ) Isotonic drinks or even better powder so you can mix your own on the spot
4 ) Energy bars such as those sold in sports shops or museli bars etc, you can also consider energy gels. Bear in mind we will not be stopping for meals as in sit down and makan. With the amount of cycling we are doing, we NEED to replenish our energy supplies that we are losing rapidly.
5 ) You can also bring things like nuts or dried fruits, dont bring chocolate, it makes you thirsty and will melt in your bag making it one messy cleanup.
6 ) Sun glasses or a cap to shade your eyes
7 ) Sunblock for the sun
8 ) arm covers to prevent sun burn on your extended arms
9 )Helmet and gloves
10 ) Lights
11 ) Handphone that is fully charged and equipped with numbers of ride leaders.
12 ) Money to take cab etc if needed.
13 ) Poncho if you want for rain.
14 ) Spare tube, patch kit and pump.
15) Plasters for blisters, deep heat cream or spray and small first aid kit (Added by Lugerider)
16) Red Bull (by Boon Chun)

Last edited by adrianelee on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add items)
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:09 pm

@Adriane, that's very comprehensive already! Maybe music... help to keep u in the mood to crank it.. Smile
adrianelee wrote:
Hello all, just thought I will start a packing list for proposed supplies to bring for Tour De Singapore. Please feel free to add to the list.

1 ) Chapping Cream. (Please add in other recommended brands, Andrew I forgot the brand you recommended, please help add it here)
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/06/century-riding-cream.html
2 ) Water bottle +one extra (Although we might be serviced by our "support" team of petrol kiosks, it is best to be self sufficent especially when we get to the northern part of the ride)
3 ) Isotonic drinks or even better powder so you can mix your own on the spot
4 ) Energy bars such as those sold in sports shops or museli bars etc, you can also consider energy gels. Bear in mind we will not be stopping for meals as in sit down and makan. With the amount of cycling we are doing, we NEED to replenish our energy supplies that we are losing rapidly.
5 ) You can also bring things like nuts or dried fruits, dont bring chocolate, it makes you thirsty and will melt in your bag making it one messy cleanup.
6 ) Sun glasses or a cap to shade your eyes
7 ) Sunblock for the sun
8 ) arm covers to prevent sun burn on your extended arms
9 )Helmet and gloves
10 ) Lights
11 ) Handphone that is fully charged and equipped with numbers of ride leaders.
12 ) Money to take cab etc if needed.
13 ) Poncho if you want for rain.
14 ) Spare tube, patch kit and pump.
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Lugerider

Lugerider

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:30 pm

Errr... How about small first aid kit or some plasters (can use for blisters too), deep heat cream/spray?

Just thinking, may not be appropriate.....pai-say
Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 am

No need to paiseh. All ideas are welcome! Yes first aid kit and plasters for blisters are a great idea plus deep heat spray and cream.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 am

I think I'm going to bring some sandwich.. or maybe dabao prata lol!
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:55 am

I just found something we can try - start drinking beetroot juice at least 500ml everyday from now!
Heard it can increase stamina!
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Vince wrote:
I just found something we can try - start drinking beetroot juice at least 500ml everyday from now!
its better to train up ur stamina then rely on such products (my 2 cents)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:54 am

ztcc78 wrote:
Vince wrote:
its better to train up ur stamina then rely on such products (my 2 cents)
Yes I know that, but think of beetroot juice as just like a supplement - definitely natural and healthy. besides it is known to keep high blood pressure in check too. and of course with regular training.
Back to top Go down
bromptonraw

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Been training >25km every alternate day to prepared for the big day .. just hope i can still walk after that ..
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:16 pm

bromptonraw wrote:
Been training >25km every alternate day to prepared for the big day .. just hope i can still walk after that ..
increase your distance each time! also try to take less time for the same distance (as in faster) for each subsequent time. but gotta know your limit, never over-stress your muscles.
Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

http://walking.about.com/od/snacks/a/energymyths.htm

As we count down to the 128 day. Some reading on energy bars and gel. For those who are looking for it, Velocity at Novena has a good range. 3 shops selling it of which the adventure shop on the 3rd floor has the most range. I will be eating normal muesli bars.Razz
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

err...Redbull??

I think best for me to cut down my weight and strict diet before 3rd...so far...very hard leh
Back to top Go down
sys_error

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:34 pm

boonchun wrote:
err...Redbull??

I think best for me to cut down my weight and strict diet before 3rd...so far...very hard leh

Redbull is no no... especially if you are overweight, your body may not be able to efficiently process glucose which may leads to diabetes in the future. Fat people sweat a lot when they exercise or work out, so it is important to replenish body fluid, get those electrolyte tablet that can dissolve in water.

You want to cut down on your weight with strict diet, no sweet stuffs and less carbo is the way to go. Exercise to cut down weight, not exercise to eat more rice, you gain more weight than lose them.
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

last time I drank redbull was during NS before SOC, damn efficient. But not so fat lah. I'll take note on the electrolyte tablets...

I got stitches or pain during the last fri ride, maybe I consumed too much water, very hard to paddle fast.

Sys_error, u stay Old Airport Rd ah? I staying Jalan Tiga blk 43 leh
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Excuse me... where can I buy museli bars?
Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Prodik wrote:

For the expensive a few bucks a piece energy bars and gel, you can get it from shops in Velocity at Novena Station.
For normal museli bars, you can them from any super market. I am bringing this brand called Carmen;s they have normal rectangular bars and what they call "rounds". I will be bringing rounds, reasoning being it is softer and hence easier to eat. Note, try not to get those coated with chocolate, you are going to have one messy bar when you open the packet after having it in the bag under the hot sun.
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 am

adrianelee wrote:
Prodik wrote:

For the expensive a few bucks a piece energy bars and gel, you can get it from shops in Velocity at Novena Station.
For normal museli bars, you can them from any super market. I am bringing this brand called Carmen;s they have normal rectangular bars and what they call "rounds". I will be bringing rounds, reasoning being it is softer and hence easier to eat. Note, try not to get those coated with chocolate, you are going to have one messy bar when you open the packet after having it in the bag under the hot sun.

ok... noted
Back to top Go down
sys_error

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 pm

boonchun wrote:
last time I drank redbull was during NS before SOC, damn efficient. But not so fat lah. I'll take note on the electrolyte tablets...

I got stitches or pain during the last fri ride, maybe I consumed too much water, very hard to paddle fast.

Sys_error, u stay Old Airport Rd ah? I staying Jalan Tiga blk 43 leh

Maybe you drank too much redbull during NS, unused energy turn into fat, now suffering.

When use electrolyte tablet to mixed with plain water, you only can drink sip by sip, not drink like drinking coke at coffee shop. And stay away from carbonated sugar drink during ride.

Pack a couple museli bars for the road if your ride dont have meal stop, i dont recommend energy gel for you due to overweight people cannot efficiently use the energy boost and at end of ride will usually eat "something" to fill the emptiness in tummy, ended up gain more weight. You know our area a lot of good foods hor.

boonchun, i stay at Block 11 Pine Close. Surprised

Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:46 pm

One thing I forgot to add.

For food items and drinks, ESPECIALLY those energy bars and gels. PLEASE GO TASTE TEST THEM FIRST if you are taking it for the first time. Whether they really work is one issue, the other issue is some of them can taste REALLY awlful subjected to individual's tastes. So you really don't want to be bringing along supplies that you end up retching on at the rest stops. Make sure what you bring, you can eat.
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Sys_error: 1 more qn

Gatorade drink = electrolytes drink?

Pocari and 100plus can?
Back to top Go down
sys_error

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

boonchun wrote:
Sys_error: 1 more qn

Gatorade drink = electrolytes drink?

Pocari and 100plus can?

Gatorade, Pocarri, H2O and 100Plus is high in sodium + glucose, they do replenish body salt but they also replenish energy which you will gain more weight than lose them if you dont use up the energy. I'm pretty sure you eat good foods after your long ride. Laughing

The electrolyte tablet is high in sodium and potassium but very low in sugar and carbo.
Drink to replenish body fluid, eat to replenish energy; if you drink to replenish body fluid and replenish energy, then dont eat after ride. Stay away from roti prata, chicken rice, nasi lemak at changi village... etc!
Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List Electrolytetablet
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:39 am

thanks. The electrolyte tablets can get from our Guardian Pharmacy at Blk 39?
Back to top Go down
sys_error

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:36 pm

boonchun wrote:
thanks. The electrolyte tablets can get from our Guardian Pharmacy at Blk 39?

I dont think so... I got them from The Outdoor Life @ Velocity.

Can i come over your house to learn how to do equipments inspect and repairs?

Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey guys, I found this website a very nice read: http://www.ultracycling.com/training/recovery_ld_cyclists_part1.html
A bit lengthy, but worth reading I feel. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List   Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steady and Slow Ride De Singapore Packing List
Page 1 of 1