LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmylam

jimmylam

How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi Empty
PostSubject: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Can anyone advice? Do I need to remove both wheels... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Minimum you gotta remove the front.

I transported with my car boot before.
Back to top Go down
jimmylam

jimmylam

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Prodik wrote:

One last question, can the car boot be closed if front wheel is removed. Thxs for the info.
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:04 am

jimmylam wrote:
Prodik wrote:

One last question, can the car boot be closed if front wheel is removed. Thxs for the info.

For my boot, yes.

Ummh... btw, may need to fold down the back seats.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 am

boot cannot be closed.. the cab driver have to secure it with bicycle hook. therefore, a bit of the rear wheel will be sticking out, but other than that, it should be secured.
tip: hide your bike before flagging the cab because many of them will not stop for you when they see your bike!
Back to top Go down
Sky_Walker

Sky_Walker

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 pm

should be able to close.
indeed not all taxi willing to transport a bike.
this happen to me b4 that's really piss me off. end up i called for a cab that willing to take my bike. when the cab arrived he got stuff in his car boot!! and ask me to put in the passenger seat(of cos front wheel still need to be remove.)
Back to top Go down
jimmylam

jimmylam

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks! for all the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi   How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to transport a 26" bike into a taxi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Bike talk-
Jump to: