LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)

Go down 
+2
ztcc78
bananamatronix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Empty
PostSubject: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

There's a seller in Manila of Peerless folding bikes. They're a Chinese brand with Dahon copy bikes. I've always wanted a Curve D3 and Peerless has a copy called the Aero-I/Missile. It's aluminum and total weight with rack, pedals and saddle is 10.6kg. It has a SA 3speed IGH. I wanted another bike lighter than my Brompton, and though this isn't a fancy brand, it might be better with a little upgrading. At around S$350, do you think it's a fairly good buy?

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Missil11

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Missil12

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Missil13

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Missil14

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Missil15
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:05 pm

always best to see and test ride before comments
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
omegaforest

omegaforest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 am

This Bike look so cute!

They are like Thumbdrive. Same casing and you just print different logo and color!

Frame looks the same, maybe the cost is in the parts! My opinion $350 is real cheap, cant even get a bike in MBS!LOL

Yes..do test it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:10 pm

funny news. this bike isn't even $350 anymore. it's already $0! yes, $0! my mom spilled out the secret that the bike is sitting at home waiting for me to bring it back to singapore. apparently, she got it for me as a gift after my friend told her i was inquiring about it.

i can't even take zack's advice and test ride!

omegaforest wrote:
This Bike look so cute!
Frame looks the same, maybe the cost is in the parts! My opinion $350 is real cheap, cant even get a bike in MBS!LOL

matt, i'm thinking the same thing. the folding parts, like the hinge, doesn't look as sturdy as the dahon original version... then again, will you really complain if you get a bike for free?

i'm hoping it's nice though. we'll see. i'll be asking all you dahon experts out there on how to do serious upgrades for this. Smile
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

bananamatronix wrote:
funny news. this bike isn't even $350 anymore. it's already $0! yes, $0! my mom spilled out the secret that the bike is sitting at home waiting for me to bring it back to singapore. apparently, she got it for me as a gift after my friend told her i was inquiring about it.
your mom is really nice..
i quite like the dahon rush.. can help to inquire.. thks lol!
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 pm

which one is the dahon rush?
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

omegaforest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:24 pm

does u mom need a godson? LOL
congrates. Caution. If you zng...means u can buy another 5 more of these! There are zng kings in the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 pm

omegaforest wrote:
congrates. Caution. If you zng...means u can buy another 5 more of these! There are zng kings in the forum!

thanks! i just hope i overdo it. i'm still a newbie so i'm not very bike technical... i just like to ride! however, my friends back home are trying to poison me already! today, i received these pics in email saying i should consider doing the same upgrades! carbon? titanium? waah, i die. rather, my wallet will die.

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Curve_10

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Curve_11

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Curve_12

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Curve_13
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm

hehe, I thought I'm the only one crazy enough to zng my $500 foldie!
Back to top Go down
tylsteve

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

as someone said the other day, you go faster cos your wallet gets lighter! but seriously, i think a 20" foldie more worth zhnging cos got more choices la, like wheelset and tires and cassette and RD etc. For the Curve D3 you can't change these to make it faster.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:14 pm

vince -- save money buying a cheaper bike and spend the rest on upgrades! haha

steve -- yeah the 20" will have more upgrade options but i'm really quite short and i find that even at the shortest handlebar height, the ride will be upright for me. it's actually one of the reasons i sold my mu p8 and got a brompton. i'm not really planning to zhng to get the bike faster (if i were, i wouldn't buy a bike running an IGH) -- i'm just going to make it a bit lighter and easier to carry since it's not exactly roll-able.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm

bananamatronix wrote:
sorry.. i meant dahon dash
Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Dahon_dash_P18_2
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:19 pm

ztcc78 wrote:
bananamatronix wrote:
sorry.. i meant dahon dash
Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Dahon_dash_P18_2

i only saw the Peerless Dasher (http://www.peerless.cc/Productview.asp?ID=7) kind of looks the same but not really. and there's no indication if it folds or not -- google translate doesn't say so either. the Dahon version is a lot sleeker.

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) Dasher10
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Had intention to get a Dahon Mainland model. They are cheap. The prob will be shipping charges and also support. I am sure MBS will not service them.

I dun mind making a trip to PHI and bring it back. Hahaha. Will be in Cebu this wk, wondering any nice bike shop I could visit...
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

boonchun wrote:
Had intention to get a Dahon Mainland model. They are cheap. The prob will be shipping charges and also support. I am sure MBS will not service them.

I dun mind making a trip to PHI and bring it back. Hahaha. Will be in Cebu this wk, wondering any nice bike shop I could visit...

hi boonchun, i'm a manila girl so i'm not that familiar with cebu. haha. i do have bike friends from there and have asked them for shop recommendations. hopefully they'll respond quickly. Smile

on another note, will MBS really not service a china dahon? that's really too bad as i planned to go to them for this particular bike. Sad their experience with foldies and dahons, as well as their proximity to me make them the option for this bike. will it sweeten the deal if i ask them to service an original dahon as well? hahaha.
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:44 pm

I will drop them an email to "test" market. Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 pm

But MBS serviced and upgraded my Polygon! I'm sure they will gladly service/upgrade any bike as long as its a foldie.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:05 am

Vince wrote:
But MBS serviced and upgraded my Polygon! I'm sure they will gladly service/upgrade any bike as long as its a foldie.

this is good news indeed!
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm

So far cannot find many bicycle shops in Cebu. Found only 1 called Kent Cycle

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) 217249_10150150124265674_600370673_6491089_5772448_n

and this interesting BMX (I think) in one of the mall in Colon St.

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) 217357_10150150056875674_600370673_6490249_7851696_n
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:09 pm

boonchun, there's a shop called ROX in ayala center (the mall). there's also this shop: http://www.ykkbikes.com/ in Legaspi St.
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Thanks for the info...shall drop by tml Smile
Back to top Go down
boonchun

boonchun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Been to ROX...

Only got the Dahon foldies and majority MTBs...There is this labelled "iPed" cost 14000Peso with 3-6 gear shifts

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) 215099_10150150897030674_600370673_6498733_1663769_n
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:46 pm

my new bike is here! i love it. it's so darned cute and small. i never realized that the 16" tires are much smaller than my brompton's version of 16" tires. i did three rides in manila and got two punctures so far. the streets were brutal!

the stock parts are so-so. it's obviously not very high quality, but much better than i expected coming from a china bike. with the limited 3speed available on the SA hub, it's not going to be a fast bike unless i upgrade the chainring as well which i'm not going to do because it'll affect the lowest gear. so, i guess this will be my very-relaxed-ride bike.

i'll be going to MBS to change out the tires to Schwalbe Big Apples as my first upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)   Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone knows of Peerless bicycles? (Dahon DLT from China)
Page 1 of 1