LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shirlz

shirlz

Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? Empty
PostSubject: Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?   Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi!

I'm a newbie who just bought a Dahon eco c7 last week. After 5-6km on the saddle, I must say that it is a pain in the butt.
Wondering if any of the female cyclists here have any saddle to recommend. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
bananamatronix

bananamatronix

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?   Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

shirlz wrote:
Hi!

I'm a newbie who just bought a Dahon eco c7 last week. After 5-6km on the saddle, I must say that it is a pain in the butt.
Wondering if any of the female cyclists here have any saddle to recommend. Thanks in advance.

hi shirlz, can't really recommend one because saddle choice is usually a personal thing. for reference, i do use a brooks b17 and a brooks flyer special (mens which i'll change to the women's version soon). either one have been quite comfortable since i've got them, with a very short break-in period. i ride with my saddle aligned with my handlebars.

i have to ask if you've cycled on this saddle long though since the pain may just be caused by inexperience on sitting on a bike. that's usually the cause of butt pain at the beginning. Smile over a period of time, if the saddle is still causing pain, just go to any bike shop and test out their comfy saddles and ask for recommendations based on how you sit on your bike.
Back to top Go down
http://unfoldandcycle.com
shirlz

shirlz

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?   Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Bananamatronix, thanks for your advise.
Yup, pretty new to biking. Running has been more my thing but I've bought this foldie so that I can alternate my running with biking. Will try out for a period of time but in the meantime, will be great to find out more about other saddles available.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?   Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

as mention.. new to cycling will always feel the pain on the butt..
try getting used to it before decide to change the saddle..

difference types of saddles are for difference purpose..
so you gotta know what you are looking for.. (my 2 cents)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?   Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie wondering which is a good saddle for female?
Page 1 of 1