LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reasonable foldie to recommend

Go down 
+16
K2
Frontier
minifoldie
tylsteve
merrychristmas
bananamatronix
Prodik
boonchun
kckerk
twwoon
Foldiegwyn
frenzzsg
Vince
Lugerider
ztcc78
Wklau
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
minifoldie

Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

merrychristmas wrote:
looks like to own a Aleoca is a very embarassing thing ..... my wife bought two (single speed) for leisure cycling around the PCN and I thought its not a bad idea. But it seems owning this brand is like a very malu thing?

The most malu thing for me is to be out paced by uncle riding single speed 16 inch no brand foldie on the PCN. lol! Respect
Back to top Go down
merrychristmas

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

minifoldie wrote:
merrychristmas wrote:
looks like to own a Aleoca is a very embarassing thing ..... my wife bought two (single speed) for leisure cycling around the PCN and I thought its not a bad idea. But it seems owning this brand is like a very malu thing?

The most malu thing for me is to be out paced by uncle riding single speed 16 inch no brand foldie on the PCN. lol! Respect

16 inch can out run 20 inch?
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:39 pm

merrychristmas wrote:
minifoldie wrote:
merrychristmas wrote:

16 inch can out run 20 inch?
why not, engine good anything also can out run.. lol!
We have some riders who smoke roadies on their 20 inches!
Back to top Go down
Frontier

PostSubject: Is not so much the bike but More on the Rider   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:00 am

merrychristmas wrote:
Aleoca bikes are especially good for traveling around local neighborhood/library commuting trips. You don't have to worry about heart pain if bike stolen since is not costly.

In the end it still mainly depends on the person. An amateur driving a Ferrari would likely crash it. Is same thing with many people thinkng by working for big names like Lehman Bros, Merril Lynch & having these namecards makes them better. What happened to Lehman Bros & Merril Lynch? Many sinkies like to work for big names like MNCs thinking with so-call MNC name on their namecards to bolster their worth.

Many of these insecure people don't realise that depending on externalities to so call portray their image/worth is fleeting & at times a lie. Look at the Da Vinci furniture maker scandal. So many idiots pay premiums just for the brandname when is still made in China & passed off as imported from Italy. What lies are they telling themselves about the brandname?

Give Lance Armstrong an aleoca market bike & he can still chiong non-stop up Mt Faber compared to that show off expensive new bike turned malu guy.
Back to top Go down
merrychristmas

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am

Wah Frontier, that is very comforting to hear that from you, thanks!

Well I guess I am no big time rider, soemtimes I even make use of this fella to do my training instead of running. Speeding with this difficult to ride fella for short distance is like running a long distance!!! It helps sometimes.

On another note, I hope the 100kg guy is not fat because I have seen out of shape people wearing cycling jersey, a bit funny looking.
Back to top Go down
K2

K2

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:04 pm

On another note, I hope the 100kg guy is not fat because I have seen out of shape people wearing cycling jersey, a bit funny looking.[/quote]

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frontier

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am

merrychristmas wrote:
Well I guess I am no big time rider, soemtimes I even make use of this fella to do my training instead of running. Speeding with this difficult to ride fella for short distance is like running a long distance!!! It helps sometimes.
Everything has a start. I still use my old steel bike for short commute rides to libraries/malls etc. No worry about being stolen. Is my 1st bike & close to end of its riding life.

I've riden this old clunky steel up Mt Faber last year though i almost didn't make it if it hadn't for the rider in front showing it can be done. Some riders are obsessed with reducing the weight of their bikes but there is often 1 thing they neglect which is they themselves. We don't see overweight jockeys on horses.

Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike1
Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike2
Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike3
Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike4
Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike5
Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 OldBike6

Do i feel malu riding the all steel oldie with the rest on that ride inclusive of Mt Faber? Yes i do. In the end is a personal achievement having rode up Mt faber non-stop though i almost collapse. What about those who spend a bomb on their bikes but didn't make it up non-stop? It is a question they ought to ask themselves if the question even pop into their heads in the first place.
Back to top Go down
merrychristmas

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Frontier : salute you!
Back to top Go down
mengwhye

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I m interested in buying a new foldable bike. Do anyone own a STEPDRAGON bicycle from taiwan? i interested in their SS3 priced at $595.
Is this brand bike good?
[url=(https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.122550544490424.30928.100002064373872)](https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.122550544490424.30928.100002064373872)[/url]
Back to top Go down
evirob

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 am

I just bot a polygon urbano 2.0. Very smooth bike. Those who wants a foldie to start off. I think its a nice bike. Smile
Back to top Go down
imprezzive

imprezzive

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 am

I just got me a 2nd hand dahon speed D7 with that budget..i must say for a 2008 model it feels quite good. I mount a child seat behind and last Wed was our maiden ride out.

I think you can try out the entry level like Aeon which cost less than $500 for brand new one. Like the other guys here mentioned before drop by at MBS, they have a few you can consider. They have pre-owned section that you can view, who knows it might meet your budget Very Happy
Back to top Go down
明天

明天

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:36 pm

Vince wrote:
I'm still the only Polygon in the team What a Face

polygon MTB count?
CX.10
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:06 pm

明天 wrote:
Vince wrote:

polygon MTB count?
CX.10
haha I mean foldie la.. =p
Welcome to the polygon team anyway lol! I own a 2011 Helios F500 and a heavily-zhnged Urbano 5.0.. afro
Back to top Go down
evirob

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Vince wrote:
明天 wrote:
Vince wrote:

polygon MTB count?
CX.10
haha I mean foldie la.. =p
Welcome to the polygon team anyway lol! I own a 2011 Helios F500 and a heavily-zhnged Urbano 5.0.. afro

Mind to share what you zhnged? I just bot the Urbano 2.0 All Matt black. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:49 am

evirob wrote:

- changed wheelset to kinetix comp with marathon supreme tires
- changed RD and shifters to SRAM X-7 9sp trigger shifters
- changed brakeset to Shimano Deore
- changed cassette to 9sp
- changed chain and BB
- changed handlebar grips to exustar ergo grips with bar-ends
- changed pedals to FD-7
- added rear panniers

now only left chainwheel haven't change lol!...
Back to top Go down
evirob

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am

Vince wrote:
evirob wrote:

- changed wheelset to kinetix comp with marathon supreme tires
- changed RD and shifters to SRAM X-7 9sp trigger shifters
- changed brakeset to Shimano Deore
- changed cassette to 9sp
- changed chain and BB
- changed handlebar grips to exustar ergo grips with bar-ends
- changed pedals to FD-7
- added rear panniers

now only left chainwheel haven't change lol!...

Where to get that exustar ergo grips with bar-ends? looks gd and how much?
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:29 am

I got it at MBS, around 49 bucks.. Smile
Back to top Go down
evirob

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 am

Vince wrote:
I got it at MBS, around 49 bucks.. Smile

Thanks Vince. Will go take a look there Smile
Back to top Go down
明天

明天

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:45 pm

just a question can i up a Mu 8p to 2X 9 speed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasonable foldie to recommend   Reasonable foldie to recommend - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasonable foldie to recommend
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3