LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)

Go down 
+17
Prodik
frenzzsg
Billy
Admin
Hong
Mary_Ang
Vince
FonG
adrianelee
omegaforest
boonchun
francis
destructor
LovingMyBike
sohribena
ztcc78
twwoon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Hong wrote:
TW, could you please let me join Slowest Turtle group.. thanks

done
Back to top Go down
https://lovecyclingsg.niceboard.com
boonchun

boonchun

3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:12 pm

omegaforest wrote:
A suggestion. Will be good if someone can volunteer as photographer in each group or whoever have camera, grab some photo along the way. We can collate the photo at the end of the day.

I will be video-ing the ride. Each rest point, I will go interview the riders on their feelings
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Great to know that the Ride is getting more "assistants", PROS or whatever they are called to ensure SAFETY as best as possible.

Suggest that the experienced PROS to give some tips during the pre-start briefing about "Group Riding" methdology and safety especialy on traffic roads although many good valubale pointers I believed may have already been highlighted during recent Safety Cycling Clinic.

As the Ride is appropriately called ... "Slow and Steady ..." so let us just have some good FUN with SAFETY always first.

If all registered turn up plus some possible extras possibllity ... may reach a great number of riders !!! Wow .. what a great success. Let us all be indiviually responsible to end the Ride with a resounding enjoyable and happy ending success.

Thanks & best regards / Bil
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Bro Boon, Thank you! Thats would be greatly appreciated!
boonchun wrote:
omegaforest wrote:
A suggestion. Will be good if someone can volunteer as photographer in each group or whoever have camera, grab some photo along the way. We can collate the photo at the end of the day.

I will be video-ing the ride. Each rest point, I will go interview the riders on their feelings
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
frenzzsg

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey guys, so sad that I'm gonna miss this ride....Sad
Will be leaving for batam early in the morning while u guys embark on the iron butt ride...

Ride safe! Have fun! And takes loads of photos n videos ya? Very Happy
Help me to say hi to all riders best friends : the sun, the slope & the wind!! Heehee... alien alien

Go lovecycling!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:51 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
Hey guys, so sad that I'm gonna miss this ride....Sad
Will be leaving for batam early in the morning while u guys embark on the iron butt ride...

Ride safe! Have fun! And takes loads of photos n videos ya? Very Happy
Help me to say hi to all riders best friends : the sun, the slope & the wind!! Heehee... alien alien

Go lovecycling!! Smile

Wasted... so last min go Batam.

There will always be a next time..
Back to top Go down
goat

goat

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:43 pm

twwoon wrote:
Friends, and fellow riders.
Pls keep it simple (K.I.S.S). Whatever rocks ur boat! The onus is on the rider to have all items. That means plaster, deep heat, ass-cream, ice cream or whatever would make u comfortable. BUT U CARRY IT!

This is to train for ur personal safety- in the long run. If u can't even cope in a local conditions as good as this, I think it would be really dangerous and fool hardy for u to any long rides, esp in malaysia or other places. This ride prob wont kill u.. but give us a taste what it means to ride long distance... and what team work and comradeship really means. Not a race.. we ride as a team, eat as a team, suffer as a team, finish as a team. That's the aim.

Lastly, I am very hearten to get help from the PROs at long distance rides! We have Patrick's "Titanium butts" crew riding with all groups. This are super commandos.. really solid, experienced riders and they gladly volunteered to help keep the groups tight, assist the leads and sweeper. See how they ride, chat with them to learn more. Not to be missed experience!

Yes, agree with Tai Woon, just keep it simple... this should be just like any of your usual Sunday rides... only difference is the distance.

My suggestions of having ID tag and first aid kits is not to complicate matters but for the safety of the riders. In fact, riders should always have ID tag with them whenever they ride in case of emergency, some one rendering helps will know who to contact and other critical info like blood group. Each rider should have their own first aid kit but I know many do not have (including myself), so for a group ride like this, prepare something simple for yourself and if possible, a little extra in case your buddy needs it.

Have a safe and fun ride, folks!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

omegaforest

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi comrades. Captured some of the dangerous junction and very good advise from steven. Pls take some time to read.Thx you
View Junctions images
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
bromptonraw

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:15 pm

ok i will ride and bring my camera along as well ..
Back to top Go down
Raytan

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:42 pm

First And advance aid trained here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 pm

On safety matters. Something simple for all to do if you wish. In your mobile contact list, place a simple ICE in front of the person whom you wish to be contacted in an emergency. It is a SOP for emergency personnel or hospital staff to scroll your mobile to find the number designated ICE. It means In Case of Emergency.

MORE INFO HERE:http://myscdf.wordpress.com/2009/09/04/in-case-of-emergency/

For smart phone users who normally lock their phones with a password. read below.

For security purposes many mobile phone owners now lock their mobiles requiring a passcode to be entered in order to access the device. This hinders the ability of first responders to access the ICE phone list entry. In response to this problem many device manufacturers have provided a mechanism to specify some text to be displayed while the mobile is in the locked state. The owner of the phone can specify their "In Case of Emergency" contact and also a "Lost and Found" contact. For example, BlackBerry mobiles permit the "Owner" information to be set in the Settings -> Options -> Owner menu item.

Alternatively, some handsets provide access to a list of ICE contacts directly from the 'locked' screen. Starting with version 2.3 ("Gingerbread"), the Android operating system lets users specify emergency contacts which can be called without knowing the phone password.[citation ne
Back to top Go down
francis
Ride Organizer
I am Super Slow Frog
francis

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks in advance Boon Chun :-)
Have a great time in Batam Frenzzsg!
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:19 am

Hi to all. I'm new, wish you all have a good ride.
I have a foldable which I put together.
Hope to join you guys on some rides. Not such long ones, I'm a senior.. uncle

Look forward to see some photos.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.mercedes190e.info
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Michael wrote:

cheers

Uncle... I'm also uncle here!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
omegaforest

omegaforest

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:42 pm

To ALL who have completed yr first round Island. Now you know there is no place you cannot cycle to in Singapore!

For those who want to know the complete route for this epic ride:
View Complete route

View Full Album

Last edited by omegaforest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegaforest.com
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Prodik wrote:
Michael wrote:

cheers

Uncle... I'm also uncle here!

Welcome!

Thanks uncle.... Hope to meet up soon.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Michael wrote:
I'm a senior.. uncle
no worries.. if im not wrong currently oldest is 60yrs old
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:29 am

ztcc78 wrote:
Michael wrote:
I'm a senior.. uncle

Another 2 more decades for me to hit this mark... lol!
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 am

Prodik wrote:
ztcc78 wrote:
Michael wrote:
I'm a senior.. uncle

A grand-father here more than 60 yrs "young" (old?) ... "Cyclists never grow old .. they just grow crazy" ... and my first folder was 27 years ago, still keeping "her" with my best TLC.

Best regards / Bil
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Billy wrote:
Prodik wrote:
ztcc78 wrote:
Michael wrote:
I'm a senior.. uncle

A grand-father here more than 60 yrs "young" (old?) ... "Cyclists never grow old .. they just grow crazy" ... and my first folder was 27 years ago, still keeping "her" with my best TLC.

Best regards / Bil

Thanks to all. Look forward to ride with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)   3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd July Slow and Steady 128km ride de Singapore route details (CLOSED)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2