LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL

Go down 
+14
ztcc78
WATERMAN
LP
Wklau
crumpets
xalvinkwax
Audrey Cheong
twwoon
Vince
dnka
frenzzsg
thudbuster
omegaforest
GL
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tylsteve

16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:07 pm

hey if you are looking for decent folding bikes below $500, check out MyBikeShop. they recently brought in some new foldies by the brand of Aeon. Basically using Dahon folding technologies but at lower prices.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

Audrey Cheong

PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 pm

LP wrote:
You are the best! I couldn't help admiring you at the moment when you reach fuel station

Hi LP, Wow! You make my day cheers Very Happy . Thank you for the compliment despite keeping everybody waiting for me. bounce
Back to top Go down
WATERMAN

WATERMAN

PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I went to take a look at the nova downtube during noon time and the seller told me that it is a good buy as it is using both Dahon & Brompton mechanism (if i didnt understand wrongly) for an entry level with 7 speed. However, only black left which is not my preferred color. I was told that the next one with this budget is Dahon C7 but some told me that no longer coming and replace with Dahon C6.

I also saw the DLT Aeon but it's much heaver than the nova by 2-3 kgs.

I checked on the web and see that C6 is 6 speed so is it not as good as C7 and Nova downtube ?

Sorry for asking simple things as I am quite ignorant on all these bike thingy.
Back to top Go down
adrianelee

PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 am

WATERMAN wrote:
I went to take a look at the nova downtube during noon time and the seller told me that it is a good buy as it is using both Dahon & Brompton mechanism (if i didnt understand wrongly) for an entry level with 7 speed. However, only black left which is not my preferred color. I was told that the next one with this budget is Dahon C7 but some told me that no longer coming and replace with Dahon C6.

I also saw the DLT Aeon but it's much heaver than the nova by 2-3 kgs.

I checked on the web and see that C6 is 6 speed so is it not as good as C7 and Nova downtube ?

Sorry for asking simple things as I am quite ignorant on all these bike thingy.

Don't know much about the bike so cannot comment but I can say one thing. The part about the nova using brompton mechanism is more of a marketing gimmick. The bromp is special because of the way it folds, the screw catch is really no big deal. Bikes similar to the bromp are flamingo, birdy and ori bike in terms of folding capability and size.
Back to top Go down
WATERMAN

WATERMAN

PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh I went down to MBS to look at the foldies and was recommended the lower end flamingo at 299. I tried that as well as the DLT Aeon and Dahon D7 which is the best of the 3 of course, price also best out of my pocket.

I especially got attached to the Dahon Mu P8 which is sunflower in color and very eye catching as well as the weight is light. If I have not bought my MTB recently probably this will be the first choice I will consider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL    16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16th July (Sat) - Training ride @ SG northern slopes by GL
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3