LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmylam

avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Clarence & Zack,
Are we suppose to meet at woodlands checkpoint or somewhere else?

Rdgs
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 pm

jimmylam wrote:
Hi Clarence & Zack,
Are we suppose to meet at woodlands checkpoint or somewhere else?

Rdgs
will be meeting at Woodlands Centre around blk 5A

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
sushix

avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-06-07
Location : Serangoon North

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:08 am

wah.. so fast full leh..

can put on reserved list? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mary_Ang

avatar

Posts : 400
Join date : 2010-12-22
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 pm

CAN ??? CAN??? put me on waitlist ??
Thanks

Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/04/there-is-somethi
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks Steven Lim for a reminder..

traffic conditions:
we will be cycling on highway so pls expect fast and heavy traffic
more safety details will be brief on the actual day before move off..

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Clarence Chang

avatar

Posts : 365
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Ang Mo Kio

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Pls take note the speed pace have been change

_________________
[b][u]I am Super Slow Turtle, Please Bear with Me!!! affraid affraid affraid
I Simply Love Riding....
[/u][/b]
Back to top Go down
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Clarence Chang wrote:
Pls take note the speed pace have been change

wah! looks like i need to brush up my training.

by the way, how are the road conditions like for this trip? potholes? fast traffic? monkeys behind wheels?
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 pm

boo wrote:

wah! looks like i need to brush up my training.
by the way, how are the road conditions like for this trip? potholes? fast traffic? monkeys behind wheels?
training is a must.. this is not the leisure Sunday ride
road condition is heavy traffic and yes there are potholes
we will be going at a faster pace and less rest points..

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:48 pm

ztcc78 wrote:

training is a must.. this is not the leisure Sunday ride
road condition is heavy traffic and yes there are potholes
we will be going at a faster pace and less rest points..

I am relieved and pleased to pull out with no regrets. this will be like a marathon race which is Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil to me.

Potholes or no potholes, min speed or no min speed required, I am pulling out. The highway is too dangerous & scaring for me to ride, more so with slow speed.

Rider(limited to 20 riders only = one vacancy left)
1. Patrick Yee (Leader) titianum butts
2. Shareen (Leader Sweeper also can) titianum butts
3. Eric Tan (Safetly Rider) titianum butts
4. Kok Teng aka Jacky Cha (Safetly Rider) titianum butts
5. Zack (Helper)
6. Clarence Chang (Helper)
7. Kimi
8. Sir KC
9. Bernice
10. Steve
11. Ribena
12. Hui Teng
13. Jimmy Lam
14. Weekend Warrior
15. David Eng
16. Wendy
17. Desmond
18. Darren
19. Pedaler
20. Nick
21. Boon Chun
22. boo
23. GL
24.
25.
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : SengKang

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:14 pm

*deleted*
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
how come this become a chiong suah trip? affraid affraid
I think the organizer is right to set a min speed for safety reasons. The sooner you arrive the destination the risk of exposure to danger is less.
Dio bor, organiser?
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Audrey Cheong wrote:

I think the organizer is right to set a min speed for safety reasons. The sooner you arrive the destination the risk of exposure to danger is less.
Dio bor, organiser?
yes but Audrey u shld have no problem with that.. why withdraw?

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
Prodik
Cool Dad
avatar

Posts : 551
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Taman Jurong - Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:21 pm

ztcc78 wrote:
Audrey Cheong wrote:

I think the organizer is right to set a min speed for safety reasons. The sooner you arrive the destination the risk of exposure to danger is less.
Dio bor, organiser?
yes but Audrey u shld have no problem with that.. why withdraw?

ya lor...

I will ride alongside with you ok?
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 am

Prodik wrote:
ztcc78 wrote:

yes but Audrey u shld have no problem with that.. why withdraw?

ya lor...

I will ride alongside with you ok?


Zack and Eddie, whoa. I am sooooooo touched by your encouragement cheers . Thank you so much. Another push factor is feeling guilty to cause worry to my daughters. It will be a long ride and their worry will not end till I arrive destination safely. Similarly on the return.

Sorry for taking up the slot and depriving others of a place. Whoever is interested, please take over my place. lol!
Back to top Go down
Frontier



Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-07-25
Location : Clementi

PostSubject: So actual reason is your daughters worry   Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Audrey Cheong wrote:

Potholes or no potholes, min speed or no min speed required, I am pulling out. The highway is too dangerous & scaring for me to ride, more so with slow speed.
The fear of road conditions in Johor is not your actual reason for pulling out before i scroll down to read your daughters worry.

Why i know u are bullshitting? Because living on outskirts of clementi you'll very likely to ride up to Woodlands meeting point via Upper Bukit Timah road. With circle line construction, that stretch of road is not a friendly road. I would say its condition is among the worst in sg at the moment. If can ride that stretch i see no reason why cannot ride across the causeway. The group just need to clear the JB city center early to avoid the traffic buildup when people start driving.

There's not much to fear riding in Johor. Sg road conditions like crime rate(latest being corpse behind istana) has been deteriorating over the years. Impatience of increasing no. of drivers in our hectic environment too.

Pace of life here is morphing into the bus in Speed movie - Must stay above 80km/h or else the bus rigged with bomb will explode & kill everyone onboard. Escalator not fast enough - keep left so people can chiong up on right side.

WATERMAN wrote:

Sat is a heavy operation day for Hauliers because the depots open only 1/2 day and the prime movers are rushing to return and collect empty cntrs..
Your Tuas hockeystick ride on a Sat morning might be more dangerous instead. How come your daughters not worry about high concentration of speeding "Optimus Prime"? Container truck drivers on Sat, their mindset is quickly drive & finish so go back to family/friends outing.
Back to top Go down
Mary_Ang

avatar

Posts : 400
Join date : 2010-12-22
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Mary_Ang wrote:
CAN ??? CAN??? put me on waitlist ??
Thanks


Yahoooooooo..... I'm IN!!!! Thks !!!
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/2011/04/there-is-somethi
adrianelee



Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Hey.... it is just a ride.... if someone is not comfortable for whatever reason..... so be it and it is a personal reason that we should respect. There is no need for strong language like "bullshitting". Also please do not assume that everyone rides to the meeting point. Some of us buy foldies so that we can fold it up and take the public transport system be it cab, train or bus. And some of us drive hence we drive to the meet point, unfold and ride.

Just my two cents worth..Ride safe!

Frontier wrote:
Audrey Cheong wrote:

Potholes or no potholes, min speed or no min speed required, I am pulling out. The highway is too dangerous & scaring for me to ride, more so with slow speed.
The fear of road conditions in Johor is not your actual reason for pulling out before i scroll down to read your daughters worry.

Why i know u are bullshitting? Because living on outskirts of clementi you'll very likely to ride up to Woodlands meeting point via Upper Bukit Timah road. With circle line construction, that stretch of road is not a friendly road. I would say its condition is among the worst in sg at the moment. If can ride that stretch i see no reason why cannot ride across the causeway. The group just need to clear the JB city center early to avoid the traffic buildup when people start driving.

There's not much to fear riding in Johor. Sg road conditions like crime rate(latest being corpse behind istana) has been deteriorating over the years. Impatience of increasing no. of drivers in our hectic environment too.

Pace of life here is morphing into the bus in Speed movie - Must stay above 80km/h or else the bus rigged with bomb will explode & kill everyone onboard. Escalator not fast enough - keep left so people can chiong up on right side.

WATERMAN wrote:

Sat is a heavy operation day for Hauliers because the depots open only 1/2 day and the prime movers are rushing to return and collect empty cntrs..
Your Tuas hockeystick ride on a Sat morning might be more dangerous instead. How come your daughters not worry about high concentration of speeding "Optimus Prime"? Container truck drivers on Sat, their mindset is quickly drive & finish so go back to family/friends outing.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
avatar

Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Bukit Batok

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:20 pm

adrianelee wrote:
Hey.... it is just a ride.... if someone is not comfortable for whatever reason..... so be it and it is a personal reason that we should respect. There is no need for strong language like "bullshitting". Also please do not assume that everyone rides to the meeting point. Some of us buy foldies so that we can fold it up and take the public transport system be it cab, train or bus. And some of us drive hence we drive to the meet point, unfold and ride.

Just my two cents worth..Ride safe!

_________________
ZT
(65) 9762 9276
Facebook

Let's make SG a better place to ride for all
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
boo
Ride Secretary


Posts : 291
Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi Frontier,

Everyone rides for their own reasons and in their own comfort zones. That is what riding should be about. If the folks don't feel like joining the rides, it is their call. We do not need to be hostile to each other.

Thank you for respecting us and our rides.

Cheers.

Frontier wrote:
Audrey Cheong wrote:

Potholes or no potholes, min speed or no min speed required, I am pulling out. The highway is too dangerous & scaring for me to ride, more so with slow speed.
The fear of road conditions in Johor is not your actual reason for pulling out before i scroll down to read your daughters worry.

Why i know u are bullshitting? Because living on outskirts of clementi you'll very likely to ride up to Woodlands meeting point via Upper Bukit Timah road. With circle line construction, that stretch of road is not a friendly road. I would say its condition is among the worst in sg at the moment. If can ride that stretch i see no reason why cannot ride across the causeway. The group just need to clear the JB city center early to avoid the traffic buildup when people start driving.

There's not much to fear riding in Johor. Sg road conditions like crime rate(latest being corpse behind istana) has been deteriorating over the years. Impatience of increasing no. of drivers in our hectic environment too.

Pace of life here is morphing into the bus in Speed movie - Must stay above 80km/h or else the bus rigged with bomb will explode & kill everyone onboard. Escalator not fast enough - keep left so people can chiong up on right side.

WATERMAN wrote:

Sat is a heavy operation day for Hauliers because the depots open only 1/2 day and the prime movers are rushing to return and collect empty cntrs..
Your Tuas hockeystick ride on a Sat morning might be more dangerous instead. How come your daughters not worry about high concentration of speeding "Optimus Prime"? Container truck drivers on Sat, their mindset is quickly drive & finish so go back to family/friends outing.
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : SengKang

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi Audrey, dun worry, we'll always see you in some other riders. Smile
Back to top Go down
frenzzsg
Ride Secretary
avatar

Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : SengKang

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

Frontier,

The ONE thing we all LOVE abt lovecycling is, it doesnt matter what bike you ride (roadies, mtb, foldies, fixie, any other bikes that u can think of), what outfit u wear (jersey, tee-shirts, tights, slippers,etc) what race you're, how old are you (9yrs to 60++yrs), what your speed is...we ride together!! it's the friendship, the fun & the joy that bring us together and that cant be done without a simple word call respect.

If it's some words of encouragement, tips or note to care, you're most welcomed to post your view, your opinion here.
The last thing we need here is to have someone starts to criticise or being hostile towards other riders.

Sorry if my words sounded harsh.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 pm

...living on outskirts of clementi you'll very likely to ride up to Woodlands meeting point via Upper Bukit Timah road. With circle line construction, that stretch of road is not a friendly road. I would say its condition is among the worst in sg at the moment.

Hahaha..... dear Frontier frontier, I greatly appreciate your time & effort to analyse to put forth your reasons for my excuse.

I always put my family's welfare, feelings & interest before self but for this ride, my loved ones' objection is not the sole reason.

I wish I am as brave as you assumed I am to ride that nightmarish stretch of road, the condition of which you rightly described.
When I rode to woodland waterfront from home alone, it was always at a leisure pace so my route is combination of western pcn, footpaths and as much as possible less busy roads. Never by upper bt timah alone. For LCSg morning rides I always take the train.

There's not much to fear riding in Johor. Sg road conditions like crime rate(latest being corpse behind istana) has been deteriorating over the years. Impatience of increasing no. of drivers in our hectic environment too.

Wonder whether you are a Singaporean or not to describe singapore road as if crime infested. If I am not living in Singapore I would not want to ride/drive in Singapore.
I do not know how safe is Malaysian roads and the road users' driving habits so prefer to err on the cautious side. Hence i understand my daughters' fear.

Pace of life here is morphing into the bus in Speed movie - Must stay above 80km/h or else the bus rigged with bomb will explode & kill everyone onboard. Escalator not fast enough - keep left so people can chiong up on right side.

whoa, what a description or exagerrationl. When I felt vehicles were zooming past me at speed of 80kph and above, I know I have the safety of the footpath to escape to & which is not available if in johore/malaysia.

Sat is a heavy operation day for Hauliers because the depots open only 1/2 day and the prime movers are .....Your Tuas hockeystick ride on a Sat morning might be more dangerous instead. How come your daughters not worry about high concentration of speeding....

The distance is much shorter than the Kukup ride and I have rode in Tuas before tho may not be at that busy hr. Also the response to LCSg sunday rides's are always overwhelming. So I expect the turnout at the tuas hockeystick ride shd be overwhelming. So we will have safety in number.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Mary_Ang wrote:
Mary_Ang wrote:
CAN ??? CAN??? put me on waitlist ??
Thanks


Yahoooooooo..... I'm IN!!!! Thks !!!

Mary, so sorry to forget PM you after I pulled out. I know you will enjoy! Ride safe
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:40 pm

adrianelee wrote:
Hey.... it is just a ride.... if someone is not comfortable for whatever reason..... so be it and it is a personal reason that we should respect. There is no need for strong language like "bullshitting". Also please do not assume that everyone rides to the meeting point. Some of us buy foldies so that we can fold it up and take the public transport system be it cab, train or bus. And some of us drive hence we drive to the meet point, unfold and ride.

Just my two cents worth..Ride safe!


whoa, didnt expect my pulling out cause quite a stir. I feel like a star Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven or celebrity never mind the word "bullshitting". Frontier, dont worry, I am not offended at all. Sometimes we got carried away and used that word. I know Frontier meant well.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

avatar

Posts : 174
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : sunset way

PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 pm

frenzzsg wrote:
Frontier,

The ONE thing we all LOVE abt lovecycling is, it doesnt matter what bike you ride (roadies, mtb, foldies, fixie, any other bikes that u can think of), what outfit u wear (jersey, tee-shirts, tights, slippers,etc) what race you're, how old are you (9yrs to 60++yrs), what your speed is...we ride together!! it's the friendship, the fun & the joy that bring us together and that cant be done without a simple word call respect.

If it's some words of encouragement, tips or note to care, you're most welcomed to post your view, your opinion here.
The last thing we need here is to have someone starts to criticise or being hostile towards other riders.

Sorry if my words sounded harsh.

Kimi, had you not encourage me to ride the rail track which I had never even dare to dream to ride & gave me tips on how to control the bike to go over the gravel filled track, I would have missed out the thrill of that challenge. I also gain confidence in riding rough terrain from it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)   

Back to top Go down
 
8-9 Oct 2011 2day 1 nite to Kup Kup - interest check (CLOSED)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LovecyclingSG :: All about bikes :: Ride Archives 2011 and 2010-
Jump to: