LovecyclingSG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LovecyclingSG

We Ride as a team, Eat as a team, Suffer as a team, Finish as a team. E.R.P = Eat, Ride, Photo. It is about friendship and sharing people your neighbourhood and special places.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"

Go down 
+34
CheapBike
wilson_ang82
rainman
daywalker_22
boonchun
George Lim
sehsuan
gcw
Freedom Rider
Banana_Man
sttennis
war_machine
francis
thudbuster
Cru55
Nick
mdaan
GL
tylsteve
dnka
frenzzsg
Audrey Cheong
badrul83
justin_newbie
bernice.khoo
bananamatronix
Clarence Chang
jasbay
two5boy
Prodik
Mary_Ang
Vince
ztcc78
twwoon
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tylsteve

1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Nasi lemak dunno open at that time or not. they got weird opening hours.

The path around Pandan reservoir is unpaved, more suitable for mtb only.

Badrul should be quite familiar with the jurong west area haha.
Back to top Go down
ztcc78
Bad Man
ztcc78

1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:43 pm

tylsteve wrote:

Badrul should be quite familiar with the jurong west area haha.
and Eddie as well.. so we have 2 guides on that day
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112055678851789&v=wall
war_machine

war_machine

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:05 pm

YEAH!so near my house!woo hoo!
I can be your guide! Very Happy

On for the ride
1) Taiwoon
2) Vince
3) Tah Ching (can't miss this!)
4) Bay & Co
5) Steve and Bernice
6) Justin_newbie
7) Badrul
8)Audrey Cheong
9) David Ng
10) mDaan
11) Prodik
12) Nick - 98756018
13) frenzzsg
14) Cru55 (Joeel) and wife(Esther)
15) Thudbuster
16) Francis - 81183083
17)Ahmad-98366214

Maybe
1) ZT
2) Steven Lim - from SCTF
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:32 pm

ztcc78 wrote:

ummh... may not be able to join... i gng Malacca.
Back to top Go down
Clarence Chang

Clarence Chang

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Prodik wrote:
ztcc78 wrote:

ummh... may not be able to join... i gng Malacca.

go recce ar?? good....hahaha
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 am

I just lost my voice, sore throat and flu for the past 3 days...but will recover in time for the ride!
Back to top Go down
http://smallwheelsbigsmile.blogspot.com/
Audrey Cheong

Audrey Cheong

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 pm

twwoon wrote:
I just lost my voice, sore throat and flu for the past 3 days...but will recover in time for the ride!
TW, aiyo so sad & concern to read you sick again. We missed your company two weeks back in sentosa.
I hope you will be FULLY recovered by sunday.
For these two days, no stress no sweat hor...juz lelax & spend all the time you have with dearest chubby pretty adorable girl girl and the attractive visa approver ..So therapeutic & healing.. blah blah blah..
Take care and hope to see you on sunday.....slow & easy on the body..
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Hello Audrey, thanks and I should be fine... I hope. Smile here is my friend photo of the dragon Kiln, I am really looking forward to it... there is some broken roads (near to the kiln)as I understand from Zack ... so bring ur cameras!
Audrey Cheong wrote:
twwoon wrote:
TW, aiyo so sad & concern to read you sick again. We missed your company two weeks back in sentosa.
I hope you will be FULLY recovered by sunday.
For these two days, no stress no sweat hor...juz lelax & spend all the time you have with dearest chubby pretty adorable girl girl and the attractive visa approver ..So therapeutic & healing.. blah blah blah..
Take care and hope to see you on sunday.....slow & easy on the body..
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

Audrey Cheong

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:12 pm

twwoon wrote:
Hello Audrey, thanks and I should be fine... I hope. Smile here is my friend photo of the dragon Kiln, I am really looking forward to it... there is some broken roads (near to the kiln)as I understand from Zack ... so bring ur cameras!

I too look fw to see the dragon kiln. Thanks to you, Francis and the others for the many fun and enjoyable rides organised, that also took me to places of interest, some of which I didnt know exist!
Back to top Go down
sttennis

sttennis

PostSubject: We wanna join too!   1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey TW! Count me and Tiger in too! Got slope? If not, I'll bring my fixie!

Steven
Back to top Go down
sttennis

sttennis

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 pm

By the way, it's Tiger's 13th BD that day! He a May Day Boy!
Back to top Go down
Banana_Man

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:27 pm

hi... me new here.... Wink

just some shots of thow kwang dragon kiln...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/banana_man/sets/72157626049237989/

i go there once in a while... during sundays u might be able to catch some of my friends who are doing pottery there... nice and relaxing place...
Back to top Go down
Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 am

Just wondering if anyone is driving there? Where are you guys planning to park?
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 am

sttennis wrote:
By the way, it's Tiger's 13th BD that day! He a May Day Boy!
Happy birthday Tiger!!!
Back to top Go down
Prodik
Cool Dad
Prodik

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:19 am

Freedom Rider wrote:
Just wondering if anyone is driving there? Where are you guys planning to park?

You can park at JW st 52. There's some of the HDB open space carpark there. But, rather crowded.

Alternatively, you can park at some of the HDB MSCP along yuan ching road.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5923/travel_site_116815/
Back to top Go down
gcw

gcw

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 am

Like to join for this ride.
Chee Wee - 9631o35o
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:27 am

On for the ride
1) Taiwoon
2) Vince
4) Bay & Co
5) Steve and Bernice
6) Justin_newbie
7) Badrul
8)Audrey Cheong
9) David Ng
10) mDaan
11) Prodik
12) Nick - 98756018
13) frenzzsg
15) Thudbuster
16) Francis - 81183083
17)Ahmad-98366214
18) Chee Wee - 96310350
Back to top Go down
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:43 am

Hey Steven and Tiger,
Got afew.... wont die one... See u!
sttennis wrote:
Hey TW! Count me and Tiger in too! Got slope? If not, I'll bring my fixie!

Steven
Back to top Go down
Vince

Vince

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

On for the ride
1) Taiwoon
2) Vince
4) Bay & Co
5) Steve and Bernice
6) Justin_newbie
7) Badrul
8)Audrey Cheong
9) David Ng
10) mDaan
11) Prodik
12) Nick - 98756018
13) frenzzsg
15) Thudbuster
16) Francis - 81183083
17)Ahmad-98366214
18) Chee Wee - 96310350
19) Steven & Tiger
Back to top Go down
sehsuan

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am

ah... nice to see the kiln, but LCK jetty again? :p

actually got suggestion to explore the dirt road access from Nanyang Ave to the National Shooting Centre... or deviate west/southwards towards the western end of NTU and drop by Singapore Discovery Centre (but don't visit it, tok lang $$$ one...)

maybe even deviate to Jurong Hill Park.... i got my Garmin GPS (some of you seen my toy before...) and i can set the places down first.

TW, on bo?

my suggestion:
Lakeside MRT
Dragon Kiln
National Shooting Centre
tour around NTU campus
Discovery Center
go see ships at the Gul road area
back to Lakeside MRT

total slightly more than 30km... maybe 35km?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sehsuan
twwoon
Ride Organizer
twwoon

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Seh suan, sounds like a plan.... not too off road rite? cuz many on slicks and foldies.
Back to top Go down
Audrey Cheong

Audrey Cheong

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 pm

sehsuan wrote:
ah... nice to see the kiln, but LCK jetty again? :p

actually got suggestion to explore the dirt road access from Nanyang Ave to the National Shooting Centre... or deviate west/southwards towards the western end of NTU and drop by Singapore Discovery Centre (but don't visit it, tok lang $$$ one...)

maybe even deviate to Jurong Hill Park.... i got my Garmin GPS (some of you seen my toy before...) and i can set the places down first.

TW, on bo?

my suggestion:
Lakeside MRT
Dragon Kiln
National Shooting Centre
tour around NTU campus
Discovery Center
go see ships at the Gul road area
back to Lakeside MRT

total slightly more than 30km... maybe 35km?

TW, Hope you are on the road to a speedy recovery by now. I like sehsuan's proposed itinerary but please dont drop alien LCK Jetty which I hadnt known before this forum. But if majority is in favour of dropping it, then OK lor, I'll go with the majority..

Back to top Go down
George Lim

George Lim

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Count me in.

George Lim 98319466
Back to top Go down
sehsuan

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:02 pm

twwoon wrote:
Seh suan, sounds like a plan.... not too off road rite? cuz many on slicks and foldies.

i think those standard/ rough gravel/concrete kind of surface for the national shooting centre ba... rideable, so long as people remember not to pull quick changes in direction, it'd be fine. i assume it's not closed to access. if to play safe, we can chop the national shooting centre route, and carry on with the rest... the distance should be about 32km max after that, inclusive of going to the end of Gul Rd.

if chop National Shooting Centre AND Gul Road, but other places... altogether just about 22km nia. would be quite nice to be able to look down (literally) from Jurong Hill Park.. i dont think a lot of people know about its existence too....

if chop Gul Road only (instead of National Shooting Centre) it's only about 27km.

if both National Shooting Centre + Gul Rd are still on, it's ~36km.

or majority vote in the morning? heehee...
Back to top Go down
sehsuan

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Eh, I just double checked my proposal with Google Earth. Not too exciting, this Gul Rd area.

Here's the adjusted proposal....
- Lakeside MRT
- Dragon Kiln
- National Shooting Centre (optional)
- NTU tour (seriously?!)
- Discovery Centre
- Pulau Samulun
- Jurong Hill Park (VERY NICE PLACE TO LEMBEH for a while!)
- Lakeside MRT

The above should be about 33km or so.

For those going and finding it long... please think again. I still gotta cycle from Serangoon Central there (23.6km) and back (24.2km). No distance is too long, if the route is interesting! Smile

Gul Rd (I think this one not exciting/interesting enough... can't see much of those big ships here, )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"    1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st May Visit to the Dragon Kiln at Lorong Tawas , Roam around NTU and go by "feeling"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next